5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revolver X4s on RamBoxes w/MFT - they say it doesn't work?!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to order a Revolver X4s cover for my truck today. '21 Limited with RamBoxes and Multi-Function Tailgate.

The lady at Bak said that the Revolver doesn't work with the MFT. Really? I know it doesn't work with an MFT if you do NOT have RamBoxes. Those trucks have the extra brackets in the front corners of the bed.

I thought if the truck had RamBoxes, then the bed was the same, for MFT and non-MFT trucks.

Is there really some reason why the Revolver won't work with the MFT? Or does Bak just have it wrong because it won't work with a non-RamBox truck with an MFT?

I had a Revolver on my '19 and I REALLY want another one for my new truck. PLEASE somebody confirm the tailgate does not matter, if you have RamBoxes!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is no difference between the beds if you have ramboxes. There isn't any reason a cover that works with a non-MFT rambox bed won't work with a rambox bed with the MFT. I'm not familiar with the Revolver cover though. Does it mount to the utility rails? If so, it probably matters which rails you have (black or silver).

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no difference between the beds if you have ramboxes. There isn't any reason a cover that works with a non-MFT rambox bed won't work with a rambox bed with the MFT. I'm not familiar with the Revolver cover though. Does it mount to the utility rails? If so, it probably matters which rails you have (black or silver).
I know the rails matter. I have the black ones and have ordered a set of the silver ones.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do of you have a Revolver with RamBoxes and MFT?

I just want to confirm that it really does work. No "gotchas". If so, I'll order it despite what Bak says.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Like I said in my previous post, I have no experience with this bed cover. But I am very familiar with the rambox beds. I've owned rambox versions of 5th gens with and without the MFT, and the beds were identical. I can understand your reluctance, but if I were in your shoes, knowing what I know about the rambox beds, I'd buy one if that's the bed cover I wanted.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said in my previous post, I have no experience with this bed cover. But I am very familiar with the rambox beds. I've owned rambox versions of 5th gens with and without the MFT, and the beds were identical. I can understand your reluctance, but if I were in your shoes, knowing what I know about the rambox beds, I'd buy one if that's the bed cover I wanted.

Yep. I had a '19 with RamBoxes and no MFT and now I have a '21 with RamBoxes and MFT.

They sure look identical to me. But, I haven't put them side by side and compared them in fine detail. I was just a little worried that there might be SOME small difference in the area where the tailgate meets the bed sides that creates a problem. I REALLY, REALLY don't think that is the case. Especially since I have now found another thread here where another forum user posted that they have RamBoxes and MFT and they installed the Revolver X4s (exactly the one I want) with no problems.

So, barring seeing some post between now and tomorrow that gives me pause, I will order it tomorrow.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Bak again today to order the X4s despite being told (yesterday, by them) that it wouldn't work with a MFT.

I spoke to a different customer service rep than yesterday. This time he didn't even ask about the MFT and just took my order. I asked why he didn't ask about it and he said, "oh, yeah, our website is messed up on that. With the RamBoxes, the X4s will work fine whether you have a MFT or not."

Nice! Wish I'd gotten him yesterday, but that's okay. Order in. Should have silver rails next week and new cover the week after.

Yaay!!

Also, I cannot say enough good things about Bak customer service. I had a Revolver X4 (not s) for 3 years on my '19. It started to get some cracks in the vinyl and the felt runners on the underside started falling down. I took pictures and emailed them to Bak asking if they had any solution for me. Before they got back to me, I found a new truck and traded my old one in, with the cover on it.

Bak got back to me and asked for a copy of my original receipt, which I emailed them. The next thing was email from them asking for my shipping address. I talked to them on the phone and they were all set to just send me a new cover (no rails - it would use the rails I already had). I explained that I had sold the truck and cover and I didn't want to rip them off for a new cover under the circumstances. But, I told them that, based on their response, I wanted to buy a brand new one for my new truck. They offered me 50% off the new one, which I happily took. But, I would have bought it at full price, if they didn't offer a discount.

I have had Bak covers for the last 13 years and this is my first time needing customer service. I am now looking forward to many more years with their covers!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I spoke to a different customer service rep than yesterday. This time he didn't even ask about the MFT and just took my order. I asked why he didn't ask about it and he said, "oh, yeah, our website is messed up on that. With the RamBoxes, the X4s will work fine whether you have a MFT or not."
Hmmm...if only you had heard that from someone else. :ROFLMAO:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really wanted to hear it from the people who would be paying for return shipping if they said it would work and it didn't... :D
Oh, I get it. No one here has any skin in the game if for some reason it didn't fit. I was just yanking yer chain a little. Glad you're getting the cover you wanted. 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread