5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revolver X2/X4 or Truxedo Sentry/CT?

Revolver X2/X4 or Truxedo Sentry/CT or Gator HR1

• Total voters

NWRogue

Reaction score
The water in my bed is just drops, not a pool. Sort of looks like the bed rail in my pictures. A day of no rain and warm to hot weather usually dries it out. Living in the Pacific Northwest, I'll need to watch it much closer now as the rainy season is about to start.

If you have pools of water, then yeah I'd try to beef up the weather-stripping to reduce the amount of water getting into the bed. Looks like you have the spray in liner, that will go a long way to preventing moisture issues. I have the factory spray in liner and a rubber bed mat in mine. I'll probably check it once a week and manually dry it out if the water starts to accumulate.

djjr50

Reaction score
I am in the midst of this decision now and noticed a poll that includes the Gator HR1. Seems to be a less expensive option. Anyone with that model with Ramboxes care to opine?

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
A few years in and I love the the CT. About to upgrade and am thinking about buying it again - though it is so darn expensive. It has held up great and water in the bed is minimal. Honestly, it's on the bottom so I put luggage and gear in open crates or bags and its fine. A ton of trips and never a problem. The cover has a few scratches, but nothing too annoying. I do like that I can rest something atop of it. fwiw I DEFINITELY like this over the trifold. Have seen a few since I made this decision and I can say I never regretted it...

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where is the none option. Unless I pick, this thread keeps showing as new.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The versatility and security of the TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover gives you everything that you need from a tonneau cover without compromising on looks and functionality. If you have any questions on fitment, availability, ship times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

69Sting

Reaction score
I have the TruXedo Sentry and currently displeased with it. All due to the Velcro wearing out after a couple years and not holding. Was on a trip last summer and I look in my mirror and 25% of my cover is flapping in the wind. The Velcro didn't hold and it tore the covering right off the metal cross slats. I tried to spray glue it back down but 2 mo later, the same thing happened. So now every time I open the tail gate, or know I am on the hwy, I have I have to go down both sides of the truck and make sure the velcro is down solid. Keep a rag in the door panel so I keep from getting black hands by doing this. Now my cover looks like crap until I can set aside for a new one and figure out what brand to go with.

Well say until this happened, I was very pleased with it.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have the TruXedo Sentry and currently displeased with it. All due to the Velcro wearing out after a couple years and not holding. Was on a trip last summer and I look in my mirror and 25% of my cover is flapping in the wind. The Velcro didn't hold and it tore the covering right off the metal cross slats. I tried to spray glue it back down but 2 mo later, the same thing happened. So now every time I open the tail gate, or know I am on the hwy, I have I have to go down both sides of the truck and make sure the velcro is down solid. Keep a rag in the door panel so I keep from getting black hands by doing this. Now my cover looks like crap until I can set aside for a new one and figure out what brand to go with.

Well say until this happened, I was very pleased with it.
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your TruXedo Sentry CT. I'd be glad to look into that for you and submit a warranty claim. Please PM me or email me at [email protected].

69Sting

Reaction score
Update on my prior post. RealTruck reached out to me and even though my TruXedo Sentry was out of warrenty they did provide me with a nice discount for a new TruXedo CT. I now have a new TruXedo CT on my truck and it looks very nice and a better warrenty than my first cover had.

Thank you Real Truck for taking care of your customers.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Update on my prior post. RealTruck reached out to me and even though my TruXedo Sentry was out of warrenty they did provide me with a nice discount for a new TruXedo CT. I now have a new TruXedo CT on my truck and it looks very nice and a better warrenty than my first cover had.

Thank you Real Truck for taking care of your customers.
We're always happy to help! Enjoy your new tonneau cover!

auburnvfr

Reaction score
A few years in and I love the the CT. About to upgrade and am thinking about buying it again - though it is so darn expensive. It has held up great and water in the bed is minimal. Honestly, it's on the bottom so I put luggage and gear in open crates or bags and it’s fine. A ton of trips and never a problem. The cover has a few scratches, but nothing too annoying. I do like that I can rest something atop of it. fwiw I DEFINITELY like this over the trifold. Have seen a few since I made this decision and I can say I never regretted it...
What benefits do you feel it has over the tri-fold style?

I’m debating between this cover and a MFT compatible hard tri-fold and never had a bed cover before. I like the rear visibility when opened up, but not sure if having to pop the cover every time the tailgate is opened is a good trade off on the rare occasions I will need more than 2/3 of the bed.

TSR6

Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased a 2024 with the MFT. My last truck had a Bak Revolver on it. Loved the tonneau cover, especially that it locks for our travels (if they're going to steal from the truck, gotta make them earn it!).

I've seen some comments about the CT in rain - does it become rain soaked instead of shedding rain? What's the story here?

Are the Sentry and Sentry CT exactly the same other than the material used on the outside? Would there be any advantage / disadvantage of going with the regular Sentry over the Sentry CT?

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased a 2024 with the MFT. My last truck had a Bak Revolver on it. Loved the tonneau cover, especially that it locks for our travels (if they're going to steal from the truck, gotta make them earn it!).

I've seen some comments about the CT in rain - does it become rain soaked instead of shedding rain? What's the story here?

Are the Sentry and Sentry CT exactly the same other than the material used on the outside? Would there be any advantage / disadvantage of going with the regular Sentry over the Sentry CT?
Congrats on the new Ram!
The TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover canvas material behaves the same way a convertible soft top material would- the rain water would shed off of it rather than soak into it. The biggest difference between the Sentry and the Sentry CT is going to be the warranty and the overlay material. The Sentry is an aluminum construction with an industrial-grade vinyl cover and has a 3-year warranty. The Sentry CT is constructed of aluminum slats with a premium woven fabric overlay and comes with a 5-year warranty. Both covers feature industrial strength hook-and-loop fasteners (aka Velcro) to secure the cover in place.

TSR6

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Ram!
The TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover canvas material behaves the same way a convertible soft top material would- the rain water would shed off of it rather than soak into it. The biggest difference between the Sentry and the Sentry CT is going to be the warranty and the overlay material. The Sentry is an aluminum construction with an industrial-grade vinyl cover and has a 3-year warranty. The Sentry CT is constructed of aluminum slats with a premium woven fabric overlay and comes with a 5-year warranty. Both covers feature industrial strength hook-and-loop fasteners (aka Velcro) to secure the cover in place.

Plus the cover still has a lock at the tailgate, and in the middle of the cover, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread