5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: Longview slip-on tow mirrors (WITH PICS)

Ram92131

Reaction score

Ram92131

Reaction score
I updated the title of this thread because I bought the Longview slip-on tow mirrors and wanted to offer a review in case anyone is interested. My Limited doesn't have the factory tow mirrors because I wanted the 360 camera view. So I bought the best add-on tow mirrors I could find. I bought per the link in the original post.

So far I towed 250 miles with them. In my case I'm towing a new Lance travel trailer, about 29 feet long. Long story short: the mirrors work very well. They install in about 2 seconds and fit snugly over the factory mirrors. There is a hook & clasp mechanism that clips over the inner edge of the factory mirror housing to secure them. The result is a solid, vibration-free fit. They seem pretty durable, and all the electronic functions of the factory mirror remain intact, such as the blinker, the blind spot warning, and the 360 camera.

They do offer a nice view with that wider, larger mirror. But I found myself almost content using the fisheye lens in the upper corner of the factory mirror. I'll definitely keep using these, but if I had known how well the factory non-tow mirrors worked with my trailer I wouldn't have bought these urgently. Overall if you want mirrors for towing, and don't have the factory town mirrors, I can recommend these. And if you really want the 360 camera but are hesitant to skip the factory tow mirrors, I think these are a solid alternative. And for less than $60 these can't be beat.

Here are several pics. The last pic is so you can see how big the trailer is. Or maybe I included it just because the truck and trailer look so good together!
IMG_6699.jpg IMG_2394.jpg IMG_0338.jpeg IMG_8953.jpeg IMG_2147.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/