5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: Cooper 2019 AT3 XLT: 275 / 70 /R18 on 2019 Ram Rebel 12

Derek Dredger

Reaction score
I ripped a 5" hole in the tire wall of one of my stock wrangler duractrac's - whilst visiting a mall on 17th Jan 2019 (ran over an orange warning cone that was hiding a huge piece of metal protruding from the ground!) After days of phone calls and emails with suppliers, nothing available. Next delivery was June 2020! OK so do I wait or feck it and buy a new set. I bought the Coopers after much research....and wow!

I purchased the Coopers for one of a few reasons, my offroading is mainly limited to soft sand and some (verly lose and steep) mountain gravel roads, and only at the weekends as, like most of us, work gets in the way of having fun 100% of the time. They're excellent on sand! deflated to approx. 20psi they grip/float just as well as the Duratracs. However, the real difference is the road noise. These Coopers are silent compared to the Duratracs. Mixed with the noise cancelling I hear nothing even though they have some pretty aggressive side wall texture/grip

Of course being a Ram Forum, we all know that the 2019 models have noise cancelling, and to be honest between 100-160PKH (yes we have some roads in the UAE were you can drive legally at 160kph). I couldn't really hear the Duratracs at all due to this - as well as wind noise and some music playing. But around city driving limits of 60-80kph, the duratracs are deafening compared to the Coopers. Do the Coopers look as aggressive as the Duratracs? No the Duratracs have the edge here...

However, in my humble opinion, the Coopers look 90% as aggressive as the Duratracs, you gotta see them in person to appreciate them. Time will tell on durability. I had to change my Duratracs at 33km and had pretty low wear. Shame but super happy now!!! Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 20200121_170223.jpg
    20200121_170223.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 20200121_170234.jpg
    20200121_170234.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 20200121_170241.jpg
    20200121_170241.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 20200121_170249.jpg
    20200121_170249.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 20200121_170330.jpg
    20200121_170330.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 20200121_170340.jpg
    20200121_170340.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 381

19LaramieRam

Reaction score
I have the same tires on my truck, the best AT tire I have had to date! They do not look as aggressive as the Duratracs (barely IMO) but I prefer the side wall of the Coopers.

What pressure are you running for on road use?

Attachments

• 18F5CA99-9821-4C7E-9568-2CB0A5C4D5D5.jpeg
    18F5CA99-9821-4C7E-9568-2CB0A5C4D5D5.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 212

Derek Dredger

Reaction score
I have the same tires on my truck, the best AT tire I have had to date! They do not look as aggressive as the Duratracs (barely IMO) but I prefer the side wall of the Coopers.

Hi, for the road I keep the tyres at the recommended pressure for the truck; 55psi front, 45psi rear. They all increase by 3-4psi after say an hour of driving at 120-130kph. My duratracs did the same.

Baron74

Reaction score
I ripped a 5" hole in the tire wall of one of my stock wrangler duractrac's - whilst visiting a mall on 17th Jan 2019 (ran over an orange warning cone that was hiding a huge piece of metal protruding from the ground!) After days of phone calls and emails with suppliers, nothing available. Next delivery was June 2020! OK so do I wait or feck it and buy a new set. I bought the Coopers after much research....and wow!

I purchased the Coopers for one of a few reasons, my offroading is mainly limited to soft sand and some (verly lose and steep) mountain gravel roads, and only at the weekends as, like most of us, work gets in the way of having fun 100% of the time. They're excellent on sand! deflated to approx. 20psi they grip/float just as well as the Duratracs. However, the real difference is the road noise. These Coopers are silent compared to the Duratracs. Mixed with the noise cancelling I hear nothing even though they have some pretty aggressive side wall texture/grip

Of course being a Ram Forum, we all know that the 2019 models have noise cancelling, and to be honest between 100-160PKH (yes we have some roads in the UAE were you can drive legally at 160kph). I couldn't really hear the Duratracs at all due to this - as well as wind noise and some music playing. But around city driving limits of 60-80kph, the duratracs are deafening compared to the Coopers. Do the Coopers look as aggressive as the Duratracs? No the Duratracs have the edge here...

However, in my humble opinion, the Coopers look 90% as aggressive as the Duratracs, you gotta see them in person to appreciate them. Time will tell on durability. I had to change my Duratracs at 33km and had pretty low wear. Shame but super happy now!!! Enjoy the pics.

I purchased Coopers for my F-150 that I owned before my Ram. One of a small handful of tires still made in the U.S. I didn't buy them because of that but it was nice to know. The were nice tires and didn't disintegrate like the stock tires did after 10-15k miles. Glad you are having a good experience with them.

CMENT

Reaction score
I have them as well. Really like them. Great in rain too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Solosnavy

Reaction score

truck looks good!, im going to go larger tire with stock rim as you did.... how is the ride with the ready lift level kit? better worse cant tell?

Derek Dredger

Reaction score
truck looks good!, im going to go larger tire with stock rim as you did.... how is the ride with the ready lift level kit? better worse cant tell?
I went with the exact same size tire as the factory fitted Duratracs. The ride is sublime, most especially when cornering. The Duratrac's created even more noise when going around roundabouts in urban environments. As I mentioned the duratracs are great tires but are clearly geared towards more offroad use. However, my offroading is mainly sand..hard and soft. I havent noticed any difference in preformance on this terrain. The main difference is on road. The Coopers are completely silent in comparison, yet still look aggressive enough for a Rebel.

kkunicky

Reaction score
Can these tires be flipped so you have a blackwall without the white lettering?

19LaramieRam

Reaction score
The ride is still incredible for a truck IMO. I cannot point the finger at either the kit or tires as I had them installed at the same time, but the ride is slightly stiffer. I would guess the 10 ply tires pumped up to 55 psi in the front is the culprit. But I prefer the more truck like ride, feels plated on the road opposed to the SUV tires.
Handling / functionality I would say was improved. Do not have to worry about scraping the airdamn off the ground.

Talltruckguy

Reaction score

I know this is an old post but I’m researching replacements for my duratracs. Did you notice any change in MPG? I would think that the Coopers would be better based on the tread pattern. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/