5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review after 75.000miles

Dirkm5

Reaction score
I bought my RAM 1500 Laramie 5.7 in February 2020. Untill now I did about 75.000 (121.000km) miles and I am realy surprised about the fact that nothing went wrong. The truck gets serviced by myself every 7500 miles because I only use it for towing. To be honest I had a problem with the LPG system but that is not to blaim on the truck. Because of the resell value I want to get a new RAM before it hits 125.000 miles (200.000km). And because it takes a new ordered RAM about 6 months to get here in the Netherlands I need to start looking now. After 2 F150s I am not concidering anything else.

I was thinking about Etourq and air-suspension this time but I read some issues here. I have been looking for experiences in the Netherlands but no serious answers. I use a aftermarked air-ride system on the rear axle now wich does it job well.

So please shine a light on this for me and let me know your thoughts.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no thoughts other than:

1. Awesome that you went that far with no trouble, and
2. Super awesome that you're tooling around in a Ram in the Netherlands!

I love reading posts from non-US/Canadians on the truck forums. With cars being so tiny overall in Europe I often wonder how it would feel tooling around in a relative monster compared to everyone else, and wish I could bring my truck over there to do a cross-continent tour (probably not after I see fuel prices though!).

Zegenwensen!

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Awesome man! I would be weary of air ride suspension if you see any real cold weather come through. I have heard of issues with it on the older grand cherokees and rebels. But hopefully someone from the forum can weigh in with some real world experience from our new trucks!

I try to live by the KISS acronym.. keep it simple stupid haha.. Glad youve had a geat run thus far, best of luck in the miles ahead!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no thoughts other than:

1. Awesome that you went that far with no trouble, and
2. Super awesome that you're tooling around in a Ram in the Netherlands!

I love reading posts from non-US/Canadians on the truck forums. With cars being so tiny overall in Europe I often wonder how it would feel tooling around in a relative monster compared to everyone else, and wish I could bring my truck over there to do a cross-continent tour (probably not after I see fuel prices though!).

Zegenwensen!

There is actually a good following of American cars in the Netherlands & Belgium, especially older classics.

RAM trucks are surprisingly popular in other parts of Europe as well, especially Germany. Here is a video a few years ago where 1,000 RAM trucks drove on the Nürburgring in Germany, Being led by a couple of track safety vehicles, which happened to be RAMs as well ....

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others have said, most impressive! It is refreshing to see positive posts.

My thoughts on your questions are that out of warranty costs for air suspension would be expensive and my understanding is that E-Torque is still somewhat buggy and would most likely be worthless for a towing truck.

jastevenson

Reaction score
cool stuff 😎 I shudder to think what your gas bill must be though!

Dirkm5

Reaction score
Waranty is not a real issue because I have a 2 year full waranty from my dealer. But the problem I don't to have is an issue somewere in Europe were no dealer is active. I that case I coulde better be safe and buy one as I have now.

Nice to see the Nürburgring in that video. I have driven there since 1989 and worked as a instructor for almost 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread