5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse Valve 1 and 4

raminuk

Reaction score
Hi

am rather puzzled, my truck air suspension seems to be working fine, but it isn't.

basically when you start the truck (regardless of position the suspension is in) the compressor seems to over run and make that air release noise. the compressor sometimes overheats, and sometimes when you press the up and down it flashes on the orange led but lowering or raising does not appear to flash.

i have j-scan and along with the compressor and air mass faults, there is reversing valve 1 and reversing valve 4 not functioning.

do i need a new compressor assembly or can i get just the valve block?

any help would be great, i have been looking at the reconditioned ones RMT it think. ideally i would like a uprated version of the factory (ram 1500 drew sport DT 2019 - Canadian model its basically a Laramie)

thanks all

raminuk

Reaction score
These are the codes

Can not find a leak. Is is a compressor issue.

Help needed

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
make sure the tops of the front air springs are not leaking, clean it well and spray with soapy water. If your air mass is low this may be hard to locate leaks. 1st guess would be valve block.

raminuk

Reaction score
make sure the tops of the front air springs are not leaking, clean it well and spray with soapy water. If your air mass is low this may be hard to locate leaks. 1st guess would be valve block.
i have put the truck in offroad2 and left it for 2 weeks with the compressor disabled (jack mode) and the truck hardly moves at all. 2 weeks not moving the truck or even starting.

its the reverse valves i wonder about

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have put the truck in offroad2 and left it for 2 weeks with the compressor disabled (jack mode) and the truck hardly moves at all. 2 weeks not moving the truck or even starting.

its the reverse valves i wonder about
What is the air mass in the system?

raminuk

Reaction score
It keeps taking air in, i believe. When i start the truck it try to push back into the cylinders and i get the whoosh as it keeps lifting the safety valve ( i assume) in my head it seams as if it can increase but struggles to get rid of the air??? assuming all the nitrogen has gone so the safety keeps lifting.

did the reversing valves cause this?

can a compressor switch out solve this??

all the info i have is the screen shot

left it in normal mode for 2 weeks, no change in height?

don't know where to take it in the uk, who have had dealings with air?

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi

am rather puzzled, my truck air suspension seems to be working fine, but it isn't.

basically when you start the truck (regardless of position the suspension is in) the compressor seems to over run and make that air release noise. the compressor sometimes overheats, and sometimes when you press the up and down it flashes on the orange led but lowering or raising does not appear to flash.

i have j-scan and along with the compressor and air mass faults, there is reversing valve 1 and reversing valve 4 not functioning.

do i need a new compressor assembly or can i get just the valve block?

any help would be great, i have been looking at the reconditioned ones RMT it think. ideally i would like a uprated version of the factory (ram 1500 drew sport DT 2019 - Canadian model its basically a Laramie)

thanks all
My truck made the air release noise a few days ago too. Never happened before and the system seems to be working fine. I haven't taken it to the dealer for evaluation yet but something must be going on based on the sound. Do you have any ideas on what could have cause the air release sound? Any help is appreciated.

raminuk

Reaction score
My truck made the air release noise a few days ago too. Never happened before and the system seems to be working fine. I haven't taken it to the dealer for evaluation yet but something must be going on based on the sound. Do you have any ideas on what could have cause the air release sound? Any help is appreciated.
my working theory is:

1 truck wants to put the air mass / nitrogen back into the system as it adjust
2 reverse valves fail
3 air whoosh as relief lifts
4 when the truck wants to add air/lift, it draws in air
5 then when it wants to lower, go to point 2 etc etc etc

when i start the truck the compressor can be heard running for a good few minuets

but who knows???

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my working theory is:

2 reverse valves fail

when i start the truck the compressor can be heard running for a good few minuets

but who knows???
I recommend subscribing to ALLDataDiy if you feel like trouble-shooting this on your own.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my working theory is:

2 reverse valves fail

but who knows???
Mine did it again this morning. It's the second time in a few weeks. This time it was a few seconds after strat up as I began to drive it. The system is functioning fine but it concerns me and can't be normal. I'm sure I'll get the old "no codes so nothing wrong" if I take it to the dealer. No clue what the issue could be.

Venom325

Reaction score
my working theory is:

2 reverse valves fail

but who knows???

Have you ever found out if it was the valve block or compressor the problem? Im having similar issue.

Will keep ride height if compressor relay is out. Fill the system, drive the truck a couples of km, them low air mass code comes up with reverse valve 1 problem and another one related to ride height pressure vent.

Lmk of you ever found out

Attachments

• IMG_4286.png
    IMG_4286.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 9

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever found out if it was the valve block or compressor the problem? Im having similar issue.

Will keep ride height if compressor relay is out. Fill the system, drive the truck a couples of km, them low air mass code comes up with reverse valve 1 problem and another one related to ride height pressure vent.

Lmk of you ever found out
This might or might not help.

C159F-92-AIR SUSPENSION REVERSE VALVE 1 CONTROL - PERFORMANCE OR INCORRECT OPERATION (OVERUSE DTC)

For a complete AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM wiring diagram, (refer to the Wiring Information) .

Theory of Operation

This DTC is not usually indicative of a failure of the Air Suspension Control Module (ASCM), but is set to indicate the valve has been activated for longer for than usual. The valve activation longer than usual may indicate an air mass concern. Air Mass concerns may be caused by the following:

Leaking air spring

Leaking air lines

Valves stuck or obstructed

If no leak is present, this DTC will clear after cycling the ignition for a minimum of six minutes.

For Detailed Information on the Air Suspension Control System, (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/MODULE, Air Suspension Control/Description)

Users who are viewing this thread