5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse Off Road LED Lights

View attachment 41391
Just my own spin on adding some back up lights. Most people that I've seen do this have them hanging lower than what I would prefer, or seem to be flimsy.

Parts List:
LED's:

U-Bolt:

Honorable Mentions:

View attachment 41390

----

I built my own bracket to hang the lights from the U-Bolts. I used some scrap steel, cut to shape, punched some holes and then spray painted to prevent rust.

View attachment 41392

Various pictures of the mounting and wire run:

View attachment 41393

View attachment 41394

I tapped into the trailer harness for power. White = negative and black = reverse.

View attachment 41395

Final look:

View attachment 41396
View attachment 41397

I absolutely love this setup! I have three sets of these lights and they always perform excellently. In the first image, the backup camera makes the light look floody and with little spread. However, you can see in this final image that they illuminate on a nice and wide angle.

View attachment 41398

Sneak peak of the next project:

View attachment 41401
Just a quick question,

How did you wire the light? did you just tap it with the reverse? Did you use relay? Thanks!
I do have the Curt Harness and just wondering if tapping into the reverse is enough for these lights.

Just a quick question,

How did you wire the light? did you just tap it with the reverse? Did you use relay? Thanks!
I do have the Curt Harness and just wondering if tapping into the reverse is enough for these lights.
You will need to draw power from the Kurt 7 pin harness and IMO use the ground from the harness as well. In my reverse lights I heat shrinked it all used DT connectors and used wire loom to make it all look nice. Some people find their grounds using a near by bolt etc but it’s just as easy to make a diy harness and keep it neat and oem+ looking

You will need to draw power from the Kurt 7 pin harness and IMO use the ground from the harness as well. In my reverse lights I heat shrinked it all used DT connectors and used wire loom to make it all look nice. Some people find their grounds using a near by bolt etc but it’s just as easy to make a diy harness and keep it neat and oem+ looking
Perfect. I already got my wiring harness ready.
Did you put a fuse on the power or not needed?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back