5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reverse lights LED

Gren71

Reaction score
I purchased a set of LED reverse lights on recommendation from a post on the forum and they dont fit...theyre not even close 🤦‍♂️

Here is what I got that didnt fit...

Here is what I just ordered to give a try...

Can anyone share some insight on what light is actually correct? The reverse light sare just **** poor on these trucks.

2023 1500 big horn w/ crew cab 5.7hemi and halogens

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know about those. I do like how they have the rear straight back diode.

I have these and they work alright. Def better than stock halogens, but still need to lower my front tinted windows when reversing at night. I’m curious to see how well the JDM’s work for you. Be sure to let us know if the new set works for you. IMG_0171.jpeg

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Lasfit too. Definitely an improvement but I still can't see much.

I'm interested if yours are better as well

Stony0604

Reaction score
Look into getting some aux lights that you can mount to the bumper to give you more light. I got some and it makes a world of difference. Something like this

Mine were a little different and mount to the underside of the bumper, but same concept. All I did to wire them was got a 7 pin splitter and hooked it up behind the bumper and taped into one end of the harness so i wouldn't have to cut the factory wiring.

Campndru13

Reaction score
I just installed these Sealight LEDs to replace they halogen factory bulbs as backup lights.

They’re Very bright and have worked flawlessly so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.png
    IMG_0330.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 6

Merlin

Reaction score

I put these in, very bright. It lights up the whole area when I backup or when I unlock the truck and have the lights set to on.

These are the cargo lights. My apologies.

Last edited:

Merlin

Reaction score

I put these in, very bright. It lights up the whole area when I backup or when I unlock the truck and have the lights set to on.
Here is an overcast daylight shot I just took, I'll take one tonight when it's dark.

Attachments

• PXL_20240116_184512799.jpg
    PXL_20240116_184512799.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20240116_184528468.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20240116_184528468.NIGHT.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20240116_192746101.jpg
    PXL_20240116_192746101.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 33

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Edit: Link just says Amazon for some reason.
It's for Diode Dynamics HitchMount Reverse Light Kit, C1. C1R is more expensive but also acts as a brake light.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Are you saying you use your cargo lights to supplement your reverse lights?

Merlin

Reaction score
Those cargo lights are bright for sure! I do believe the OP was referring to the reverse lights tho, located in the taillight assembly.
I apologize, yes those are the cargo lights. Duh, long day at work. Ill have to try to get a pic from inside of just the reverse lights. My apologies.

Merlin

Reaction score
So I went back outside, started the truck and put it in reverse while holding the brak and opened the door, windows are frozen shut. I had the cargo light on too in reverse. Throws a lot of light and the snow reflects it a lot. I apologize for my misinformation posts earlier, I mixed up the two sets of lights, thank you for pointing it out. No one would come out and take a picture of the taillights for me, so maybe another day.
Lasfit reverse lights.
LASFIT 7443 LED Bulb 7440 7444 Reverse Backup Light Daytime Running(DRL) Parking Lamp 7441 7444NA W21W WY21W 992 2023 Automotive Super Bright 6000K Xenon White for Tail Brake Turn Signal Lights(2pcs) Amazon.com

Attachments

• PXL_20240117_013620918.jpg
    PXL_20240117_013620918.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 17

Gren71

Reaction score
Welp… The lights I put in the link arrived and are still not the right to connection size. I guess I’ll just order one of the other ones you fellas have linked here. Thanks for the help boys.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp… The lights I put in the link arrived and are still not the right to connection size. I guess I’ll just order one of the other ones you fellas have linked here. Thanks for the help boys.
What’s not right about them? Maybe a few pictures will help explain it better. IIRC, it’s a very tight squeeze when sliding in the new bulbs. No offense, because lord knows I’ve done it, but are you sure you’re installing them correctly. We are talking reverse bulbs in the taillight housing, correct?

Ratchet

Reaction score
I went down the halogen to led conversion rabbit hole a while back. Did find some reverse and cargo led's that worked better than stock and fit as they should. Still wasn't quite bright enough, so I added one of these. It's plenty bright. Bright enough it turns off my neighbors dawn to dusk porch lamps when I back out of my driveway when it's dark outside. Haha.. https://www.amazon.com/Xenon-Depot-Reverse-Universal-XD-LED400/dp/B081S91LFV/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3HS7WGTSGUBSJ&keywords=license+plate+backup+light&qid=1705597683&sprefix=license+plate+backup+light,aps,192&sr=8-5

I chose to power it from the 7way trailer harness. I also added an in-cab switch so I've got a nice flood light for helping a fellow motorist with roadside emergencies, hooking up to trailers, setting up camp, etc...

Gren71

Reaction score
What’s not right about them? Maybe a few pictures will help explain it better. IIRC, it’s a very tight squeeze when sliding in the new bulbs. No offense, because lord knows I’ve done it, but are you sure you’re installing them correctly. We are talking reverse bulbs in the taillight housing, correct?
I can grab a picture later but the connection that goes into the plug of the truck wiring harness is too small. If the sealights come in by Monday ill grab some pics to illustrate it all. I leave for 6 weeks of military training on Tuesday so wont be doing much with the truck until im back.

Gren71

Reaction score
I went down the halogen to led conversion rabbit hole a while back. Did find some reverse and cargo led's that worked better than stock and fit as they should. Still wasn't quite bright enough, so I added one of these. It's plenty bright. Bright enough it turns off my neighbors dawn to dusk porch lamps when I back out of my driveway when it's dark outside. Haha.. https://www.amazon.com/Xenon-Depot-Reverse-Universal-XD-LED400/dp/B081S91LFV/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3HS7WGTSGUBSJ&keywords=license+plate+backup+light&qid=1705597683&sprefix=license+plate+backup+light,aps,192&sr=8-5

I chose to power it from the 7way trailer harness. I also added an in-cab switch so I've got a nice flood light for helping a fellow motorist with roadside emergencies, hooking up to trailers, setting up camp, etc...
Nice! Im very hesitant to mess with that 7 pin harness. There’s a lot of guys who have used it to install bed lights which is enticing…i pull my camper a couple thousand miles a year so fudging with that harness makes me nervous

Stony0604

Reaction score
Nice! Im very hesitant to mess with that 7 pin harness. There’s a lot of guys who have used it to install bed lights which is enticing…i pull my camper a couple thousand miles a year so fudging with that harness makes me nervous
Get a splitter. You can tap into the wires on the other end of the splitter. I was scared to cut into factory wires, so I went this route. You're able to hook it up behind the bumper as well so it's nice and neat. Something like this Amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread