5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse fog light - black

Hannibal19xx

Reaction score
Hi!

My 2019 limited is still at the Dealer and he is changing a few things.
Now i‘ve got that extreme red light, i wanna change.
Do you have any idea if there is any aftermarket light, which is nearly Black?
bd9cdc0f4b81291c46a7ed02ca50fbe0.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lize

Reaction score
Not sure on the purpose of your red light but in the UK its regulations to have a switched bright red light for putting on when its foggy.
Dealer is fitting a long LED strip in the gap under the tailgate and above the bumper which will be dual colour and also show white for extra light when reversing.
Looks like you have some smaller ones already in that spot and the one on the bumper is a reflector?
Haven't got the truck yet so can't take a photo but think I've seen posts of similar extra lighting on here somewhere.

Hannibal19xx

Reaction score
As fare as i know this light is only at RAMs from canada.
It’s not just a reflector as far as i know....

Lize

Reaction score
I thought it was something that had been added, so you think factory fit?
Perhaps some tint spray or film might make it look more attractive.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
As fare as i know this light is only at RAMs from canada.
It’s not just a reflector as far as i know....

This Canadian has never seen a light like that!! What i equally as bizarre is that hitch set up with a big bolt holding it together?

Lize

Reaction score
This Canadian has never seen a light like that!!
Mines coming from Canada, glad you said that as I was sure the Limited I looked at didn't have it on and it got me wondering!

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Mines coming from Canada, glad you said that as I was sure the Limited I looked at didn't have it on and it got me wondering!
Is your truck being shipped to England through Canada from the US ? Do you have a Fiat/Chrysler/Ram dealer there?

Lize

Reaction score
Yes, England through Canada from US, not via an official dealer, we have Fiat only in the UK, Chrysler was withdrawn a few years ago and never had Ram.
There are a few 300C and PT Cruisers sold but I don't think they were very popular and few and far between now.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Yes, England through Canada from US, not via an official dealer, we have Fiat only in the UK, Chrysler was withdrawn a few years ago and never had Ram.
There are a few 300C sold but I don't think they were very popular and few and far between now.
Congratulations on the Ram. What is it like navigating your narrow roads with a Raptor? You must have been almost bigger than some delivery trucks!

Lize

Reaction score
Yes, pretty big by our standards. Our options are all mid sized and usually with small diesel engines, like Nissan Frontier but called Narava here.

I find the LHD a bit easier actually, I seem to be able to tuck much closer to the kerb and judge the white line. Sat high up so visibility good but you do have to choose your overtaking moments. Ram will be a bit smaller than the Raptor so should be fine. Parking spaces are small, so best to avoid shopping at busy times and park miles away to avoid door dings.

Blind spot detection did save me from wiping out a MX5 when changing lanes on a highway, so I've opted for that again. I keep eye on rear view mirror way ahead of manoeuvres and give a bit of signalling time too just in case. The MX5 had got along side without me seeing him, just as I signalled I saw the blind spot flashing, he soon shot forward when he saw me indicate.

Only ever really had one spot of bother for size, I went to a coastal place I'd not been before and followed directions for a car park, lovely spot but I had quite a job to get it over a single track bridge with nearly 90 degree entrance and exit. I managed it fine in both directions - it seemed a better option than reversing about half a mile back up the road! It was a small bridge and wouldn't have been totally straight forward in a large car.

Hannibal19xx

Reaction score
We will change the hitch. My Limited will get the Original US hitch.
We will paint the light in Black. Otherwise i will Check, if i just Cam change this Part of the bumper.
We will change the taillights with the ones from the Original Rebel. In my Opinion the Rebel ones are the best Looking one

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/