5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse camera lines

ScottMA64

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has noticed this. I've had several vehicles with rear camera backup lines and they were all pretty accurate. It seems my ram (if not all) are off a few inches. I'll post a couple pics. Is this something that can be calibrated or adjusted? Thanks!

You can see how the top view cam is accurate and how the actual lines from the backup view are off.

33745 20190815_130600.jpg 20190815_130716.jpg 20190815_130600.jpg 20190815_130716.jpg

This is the actual placement of the tires (LR).

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's just I never had a truck where the guidelines didn't represent the tires.

They do that on Jeep where the lines represent where your tires will actually travel. We get the suburban grocery parking version where the lines represent who you'll hit in the parking lot.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They do that on Jeep where the lines represent where your tires will actually travel. We get the suburban grocery parking version where the lines represent who you'll hit in the parking lot.
Exactly. That was my thought as well.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The white lines in the top view match the width of the lines in the rear camera view. This information is also available in your owners manual.

ScottMA64

Reaction score
So the manual states "grid lines to help illustrate the width of the vehicle". As you can see by my pic, the grid lines are way off compared to my tire placement. If you look at the pic, the right colored grid line which is the left side is way off, it kinda looks like its lined up with the inside of the tire instead of the outside. The top view pic (pic left of the grid lines) seems to be spot on.

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online