5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revel links

Swjfish

Reaction score
Has anyone used the links to lower the 4wd limited ? I pick my truck up today and think I’m going to lower it a bit for nOw till I can save up the money for new rims and tires. Is a shorter link lowering it or a longer link ??

Chavez98

Reaction score
I bought the links to lower my limited. I plan to install this weekend. I’ll work on pre-measurements and post measurements.

Chavez98

Reaction score
Has anyone used the links to lower the 4wd limited ? I pick my truck up today and think I’m going to lower it a bit for nOw till I can save up the money for new rims and tires. Is a shorter link lowering it or a longer link ??

I had a chance today between rain showers to install the links. For the front you have to lengthen the links and shorten them for the rears. Initially I went aggressive and went with max adjustment. It didn’t work. I got error codes and the system wouldn’t operate. I then placed the rear links back on and worked on the front. Once I adjusted to the lowest setting before causing an error I started the rears. After a few adjustments I got system working. On E/E its lowered 1”. I plan to try to adjust it more once I get a dry day.

Hemi79

Reaction score
This is with stock front links and homemade rear links. Dont have the exact length of rear, but about an 1/16th of an inch longer than front stock links. This is in Entry/Exit mode, there would be no driving here as it is pretty much slammed in the back to axle. I took out the rubber bumpers and i am going to trim them down just to have something that is not metal to metal. When in Aero mode where I drive it, you are 36 1/2" from ground to bottom of fender flare. What I like about this set up is you can use all setting from entry/exit to Off road 2 with no error codes. On aero it is level at 36 1/2", Normal 37 1/2", Off road 1 38 1/2" and 39 1/2" in Off Road 2. I have not towed my boat yet or driven in aero on the highway, but good thing is if its rough or bouncy you just raise to normal. LOVE the look

Attachments

• 241C3D7A-E6D6-43BA-A1B7-77EAB6C3F21C_1_201_a.jpeg
    241C3D7A-E6D6-43BA-A1B7-77EAB6C3F21C_1_201_a.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 32

Hemi79

Reaction score
This is with stock front links and homemade rear links. Dont have the exact length of rear, but about an 1/16th of an inch longer than front stock links. This is in Entry/Exit mode, there would be no driving here as it is pretty much slammed in the back to axle. I took out the rubber bumpers and i am going to trim them down just to have something that is not metal to metal. When in Aero mode where I drive it, you are 36 1/2" from ground to bottom of fender flare. What I like about this set up is you can use all setting from entry/exit to Off road 2 with no error codes. On aero it is level at 36 1/2", Normal 37 1/2", Off road 1 38 1/2" and 39 1/2" in Off Road 2. I have not towed my boat yet or driven in aero on the highway, but good thing is if its rough or bouncy you just raise to normal. LOVE the look
**UPDATE**
I ended up putting factory links back on due to the truck bottoming out pretty bad a couple of times on the bump stop cups. Yesterday I cut the bump stop cups off and installed Belltech 5924 Bump stops and what a difference. In Aero mode if you hit a big bump you can tell its contacting bump stops but not bad at all. In normal mode it rides great. Entry exit looks great too, more level and of course sitting on bump stops, but driving through a parking lot or very smooth road does okay.

Users who are viewing this thread