5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrofitting HomeLink

ZFORCE

Reaction score
This has the Homelink and the illuminated mirror.https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-visor-left-7hd73tx7ac?c=az0yJnE9N0hENzNUWDdBQQ%3D%3D

Does anyone have a part number for the mating plug and connector numbers/ Source (maybe Mouser)? It doesn’t have to have the wiring, as in my picture. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7164.jpeg
    IMG_7164.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 17

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This has the Homelink and the illuminated mirror.https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-visor-left-7hd73tx7ac?c=az0yJnE9N0hENzNUWDdBQQ%3D%3D

Does anyone have a part number for the mating plug and connector numbers/ Source (maybe Mouser)? It doesn’t have to have the wiring, as in my picture. Thanks
Have no clue where you are, but in Troy, Michigan, I have gotten many electrical components fro Terminal Supply Company. They have a web site.

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Have no clue where you are, but in Troy, Michigan, I have gotten many electrical components fro Terminal Supply Company. They have a web site.
Thank you, I live in Tucson Arizona. I was hoping that someone here might have the exact part number and source! I know Jimmy would know but I bug him enough as it stands! He’s an awesome resource but he is also a busy guy!

RAL

Reaction score
Honestly, unless you have some sort of specific need for Homelink (which I have always found to be a royal PITA to program on all of our cars (maybe it's because our openers use rolling codes, don't know), why not just get a brand name opener on Amazon and program it yourself? I don't know what visors cost for the Ram, but I had to pay to replace them on my wife's Pilot (they wouldn't stay up, and then when they came down they would snap forward, extremely annoying) and they were stupidly expensive, and that was several years ago before our post-Covid inflation. I want to say $150 each visor, they had lighted mirrors, but the opener was built into the overhead console. Building the opener into the driver visor probably forces the price up considerably.

My old BMW has the old fashioned garage door opener clipped to the center console. You know what? It always works, it has better range, and when we had to change the openers a few years ago I was able to reprogram it in like 20 seconds. If the truck came with it, I 'd use it but I wouldn't be spending potentially hundreds of dollars, plus my time, to install something that really has no bearing on your use or enjoyment of the truck.

Final thought is that if this is something you really want, the big national junkyard chains like LKQ have parts locators based on brand / model. If they don't have a vehicle of the type you want, they will email you when one comes in. If it is a local yard, then you can go and pull it yourself. So long as no one bled on it during the impact, you should be good to go - don't think there were too many color options either. Nothing like a fun outing to the junkyard! I've gotten some pretty good deals over the years, so long as the part is one where what you see is what you get.

Just my .02. Good luck.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
it is not to use the buttons for opening a garage door, but rather use them as some sort of aux switches for a light bar or some sort.

RAL

Reaction score
I would think the additional upfitter switches are the dash are the more appropriate way (more professional, more integrated) than using the buttons designed for the garage door remote. That would bother me as tacked on.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I would think the additional upfitter switches are the dash are the more appropriate way (more professional, more integrated) than using the buttons designed for the garage door remote. That would bother me as tacked on.
A non TRX doesn't have such buttons or what do you mean?

RAL

Reaction score
I am sorry I am not sure what you mean. Pick ups typically have space somewhere on the dash or console where there are either blanks where you can put switches, or switches that are not connected to anything. The purpose is to give the ability to add electrical features. For example, in one of my dad’s Dodge Ram pickups, we had a plow attachment and we used the upfitter switches for some additional forward lighting and marker lights, and another for the spreader. You could also use them for other electrical accessories, like an electric set up for a dump body on a 3500. It is basically just space for switches for additional accessories. Never occurred to me to use homelink for that stuff.

Raydar

Reaction score
You can buy auxiliary buttons for Rams from parts, that go in the center stack.
I've looked several times for those (All I have now are tow/haul and traction control.) but my "search-fu" seems to be lacking. Do you have a link?
Thanks!

To keep on-topic... I don't need garage door openers, but we have two "Mighty Mule" gate openers. I was pleased to discover that my visor buttons work those openers, too - and have better range than the "mickey mouse" remotes that come with the openers.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Raydar

Reaction score
Yikes! They are expensive! This came right up Googling Ram 1500 auxiliary switches. You may find cheaper, if looking deeper.

Wow!

Thanks for the info, though. I googled the part #, and Amazon coughed up a similar part for a 2500, 3500, etc. I don't know if it's compatible, or not. It doesn't look the same.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added homelink to my dads 2023 big horn using factory parts, all plug and play and total cost of $150. I made a thread on here about it recently.

Fffinest

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread