5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RetraxONE XR tonneau

ponypride

Reaction score
Like that cover, but it looks a little pricy. How is it in terms of keeping contents dry and security?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like that cover, but it looks a little pricy. How is it in terms of keeping contents dry and security?
I’m looking at a cover. I’ve owned lots of trucks over the years, three had toppers, and this would be my first cover. ReTrax is the Cadillac of tonneau covers, based on my reasearch.

ncsu92

Reaction score
I’m looking at a cover. I’ve owned lots of trucks over the years, three had toppers, and this would be my first cover. ReTrax is the Cadillac of tonneau covers, based on my reasearch.

I have the Retrax Pro on my 19 Bighorn and it is fantastic. Pro has a lifetime warranty.

metb4

Reaction score
Security seems great. Have had it for only a week, with no rain, so not sure on the dryness aspect

ponypride

Reaction score
Security seems great. Have had it for only a week, with no rain, so not sure on the dryness aspect
Can I asked what you paid for the cover and where you purchased it. I am looking at the Gator version of that cover. They are the same cover with different labeling.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
I had a Rhino liner spray on bedliner installed this past weekend. Would this cover work with it?

Last edited:

metb4

Reaction score
Can I asked what you paid for the cover and where you purchased it. I am looking at the Gator version of that cover. They are the same cover with different labeling.
I paid $1400. Not cheap and full retail. Yakima rack is worth about $550, so that helped a lot. Bought it from an off-road shop here in SoCal.

metb4

Reaction score
Also I washed it for the first time today. A little water leaked in around the tailgate. Not too bad at all and only right by the tailgate

kingkasc

Reaction score

Retrax has a sister company named trident retractable cover.. $850 same **** too

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Also I washed it for the first time today. A little water leaked in around the tailgate. Not too bad at all and only right by the tailgate
It's not the cover that is leaking it's the Grand Canyons at the top sides of tailgate on the left and right. These gaps are large enough to displace the Mariana Trench

I've been adding a combo of rtv sealant and weatherstripping to seal this better...and by better I mean at all

metb4

Reaction score
It's not the cover that is leaking it's the Grand Canyons at the top sides of tailgate on the left and right. These gaps are large enough to displace the Mariana Trench

I've been adding a combo of rtv sealant and weatherstripping to seal this better...and by better I mean at all
Would you please post links to what you have used to seal the tailgate. Thanks!

ponypride

Reaction score
For the 5'7" bed does the BAK MX4 have 3 sections that fold or 4 sections? I have seen pictures of both. Wondering if the 4 folding sections were for the 6'4" bed.

Users who are viewing this thread