5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retraxone MX, spray liner and random thoughts for the future

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
So as the title suggest I'm about to get rhino lining and a retractable tonneau cover. This notion however led me down a slippery slope of questions...

1. Because of how much space the Retrax takes I was considering getting the oem or amp bed extender. Does anyone with retractable tonneau covers use a bed extender? I'm curious if the extender can easily be flipped over into the bed and be utilized as a storage. I've seen a video that made me question it.

2. I don't have the cargo management rails but was thinking about adding that too. Should I screw in some bolts prior to the lining so I know where all the holes are?

3. I seen some people state the tailgate bounces around with any variety of extender when opened....is there a solution to this?...I feel like that's a bold move cotton. Knowing my luck I take out a person or 384 behind me due to a launched extender.

Please advise this naive man.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1. Because of how much space the Retrax takes I was considering getting the oem or amp bed extender. Does anyone with retractable tonneau covers use a bed extender? I'm curious if the extender can easily be flipped over into the bed and be utilized as a storage. I've seen a video that made me question it.
Regarding number uno, I found this video helpful to visualize how the different parts may or may not interfere... he specifically installs a Bak roll-x and the Amp bed extender, finds interference with the end of the rail, and gets new parts from Bak to fix the setup so the extender can flip over.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Regarding number uno, I found this video helpful to visualize how the different parts may or may not interfere... he specifically installs a Bak roll-x and the Amp bed extender, finds interference with the end of the rail, and gets new parts from Bak to fix the setup so the extender can flip over.
:eek:... literally the video he made of the problem was what I had seen last night...working 12s, my brain melted. Awesome, go me...good to know thanks @YoAdrian

I considered the roll x too but I don't want any view obstruction.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Just saw this promo on the Retrax XR series covers! MIght affect your buying decision, it expires on 9/30 which is midnight tonight. Unfortunately the Retrax XR is not available for Rambox models.

Attachments

• RX_XR-Series-ConsumerPromo_YakimaBars-Sep18.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Just saw this promo on the Retrax XR series covers! MIght affect your buying decision, it expires on 9/30 which is midnight tonight. Unfortunately the Retrax XR is not available for Rambox models.
I was told that the XR would be come available in November. The guy at the shop was pretty knowledgeable and said that I can swap out the rails once they are available

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I was told that the XR would be come available in November. The guy at the shop was pretty knowledgeable and said that I can swap out the rails once they are available
Actually I wonder if they don't plan to support rambox models. Would sort of make sense since you dint want the cross bars interfering with the rambox lids?

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
So what I ended up doing for the time being , to still take advantage of the promo on the XR covers...

1. Ordered the XR cover now w/o rambox
2. Purchase the MX cover (supposedly ships end of oct)

and will swap out the MX cannister with the XR rails to get the cross bar functinality I am looking for.

if they come out with a rambox version of the XR in November, I will just get that instead :)

Either way I wanted to act and get the XR promo before it expires..

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Just to confirm do you mean XR for Rambox models would be available in November?

Users who are viewing this thread