5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrax VS 2019 Limited No MFT No Rambox. Utility Rail and Toolbox. Please Help!

Reaction score
Guys, I have seached and searched...Is anybody running Utility rails (82215285AB), with Toolbox (82211356AB) AND a retrax pro?

My concern(s) are will utility rail interfere with retrax brackets? Will retrax locking/stopping mechanism contact toolbox on retraction?

Can anyone with a Retrax Pro provide measurements from bed to bottom of locking mechanism, and from side of bed (the plastic that comes down into bed) to the furthest point toward center of bed of locking mechanism? I am trying to make sure the lock(s) will clear the toolbox.

Contacted retrax... Still have questions.. Please advise...Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

TimH

Reaction score
I have the utility rail with retrax pro. 100% fit. Not sure about the toolbox

Reaction score
Still not tracking...
Utility rails (82215285AB) comes with brackets. Attached with nutserts (also included) into existing star shaped holes in bed.
Toolbox (82211356AB) also comes with brackets, this attaches to Utility Rail. The only thing I changed was spec sheet called for attaching toolbox with lower eye on bracket (raising the toolbox higher) This config did not allow enough clearance for retrax. I re-attached to upper eye (see pic above) That allowed enough clearance for retrax, and also still alllows clearance on bottom over rear wheel hump/toolbox to slide completely reward. I hope this answers your questions. Be glad to provide any more detail.

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
Still not tracking...
Utility rails (82215285AB) comes with brackets. Attached with nutserts (also included) into existing star shaped holes in bed.
Toolbox (82211356AB) also comes with brackets, this attaches to Utility Rail. The only thing I changed was spec sheet called for attaching toolbox with lower eye on bracket (raising the toolbox higher) This config did not allow enough clearance for retrax. I re-attached to upper eye (see pic above) That allowed enough clearance for retrax, and also still alllows clearance on bottom over rear wheel hump/toolbox to slide completely reward. I hope this answers your questions. Be glad to provide any more detail.
Ok, I get it. I didn’t realize the brackets came with the tool box. I was hoping to try something similar with a smaller box. That box looks pretty big. Plus that box is $500.

Users who are viewing this thread