5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrax Mx one

Julio13

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Retrax Mx one which is the one with lock on driver side. Everytime I close tailgate the cover goes back a little you could tell it went further in because there is more seal showing on drivers side than passengers. The seal is the one where the cover starts rolling

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Picture?
I spent hours adjusting the fit on mine, was a b*tch.
Sounds like you might be hitting the rail when you close the cover. I had gouges on both sides on my tailgate bedliner from hitting the rail(I had to do it like that or else the tailgate wouldn't seal against the cover.

Julio13

Reaction score
Picture?
Sounds like you might be hitting the rail when you close the cover. I had gouges on both sides on my tailgate bedliner from hitting the rail(I had to do it like that or else the tailgate wouldn't seal against the cover.
What Retrax is telling me since I have the cover that only has drivers side lock that’s why passenger side gets pushed back a little they told me to adjust white plastic adjustment screws to make the rails tighter at tailgate area that cover is too loose I’ll take pictures tomorrow

Julio13

Reaction score
Picture?

Attachments

• IMG_2155.jpeg
    IMG_2155.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 15

Julio13

Reaction score
Driver side

Attachments

• IMG_2154.jpeg
    IMG_2154.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 12

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think that is exactly how mine looks lol. It might be swapped which side is which, at the tailgate end it's perfect
Depending on the fit at the tailgate you could adjust the actual canister including the top rails and bring the passenger side further from the cab.

Is the overhang on your tailgate lined up?

Definitely post pictures if you can get it adjusted, I gave up on that part because as soon as you touch 1 thing, something else goes out of alignment at least for me.

Julio13

Reaction score
I think that is exactly how mine looks lol. It might be swapped which side is which, at the tailgate end it's perfect
Depending on the fit at the tailgate you could adjust the actual canister including the top rails and bring the passenger side further from the cab.

Definitely post pictures if you can get it adjusted, I gave up on that part because as soon as you touch 1 thing, something else goes out of alignment at least for me.
Yes tailgate it’s good when I messaged Retrax they said they could pro rate me one through warranty and upgrade to pro which has two locks so that won’t happen again I would have to pay 777. Dollars

Julio13

Reaction score
Yes tailgate it’s good when I messaged Retrax they said they could pro rate me one through warranty and upgrade to pro which has two locks so that won’t happen again I would have to pay 777. Dollars

I guess if yours is the same it’s a normal thing

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I guess if yours is the same it’s a normal thing
Yes mine is the same way.
Having a second lock will likely not matter, even if I pull the other side before I lock it, the rear by the cab will not be perfect.

When I close it I pull it all the way, then go to the middle give it a little yank, then I lock it.
There should be no pressure when you lock it, it should want to stay put even if unlocked when fully extended, at least for me.

Julio13

Reaction score
Yes mine is the same way.
Having a second lock will likely not matter, even if I pull the other side before I lock it, the rear by the cab will not be perfect.

When I close it I pull it all the way, then go to the middle give it a little yank, then I lock it.
There should be no pressure when you lock it, it should want to stay put even if unlocked when fully extended, at least for me.
Second lock is on other end so it won’t let cover slide back on passenger side

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Second lock is on other end so it won’t let cover slide back on passenger side
I know, but my passenger side doesn't slide back. If I pull both sides with me on one side and someone else on the other it still looks like your pictures.

Julio13

Reaction score
I know, but my passenger side doesn't slide back. If I pull both sides with me on one side and someone else on the other it still looks like your pictures.
Oh no mine doesn’t it’ll be straight until I close tailgate that’s what pushes passenger side in

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would try adjusting the mounts a little then, might be able to make it better. Mine doesn't move when locking it.

Julio13

Reaction score
I would try adjusting the mounts a little then, might be able to make it better. Mine doesn't move when locking it.
I left it as is question my cover looks wavy since it’s polycarbonate they are saying it’s the heat that makes it look that way in cold weather it’ll go back flat how’s yours

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I left it as is question my cover looks wavy since it’s polycarbonate they are saying it’s the heat that makes it look that way in cold weather it’ll go back flat how’s yours
Mine is aluminium.
I got the poly and as soon as I touched it from the box I called them to return it and get the metal.
I just don't trust plastic.

I can take a picture during the day tomorrow.

Julio13

Reaction score
Mine is aluminium.
I got the poly and as soon as I touched it from the box I called them to return it and get the metal.
I just don't trust plastic.

I can take a picture during the day tomorrow.
Oh ok I thought you had same one

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same cover except it's aluminum.
I think they throw the word Pro or MX into the title, same exact thing besides that though.

Users who are viewing this thread