5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(RETRACTED) Mopar Extended Warranty Max Care

U

User_3336

Sample is irrelevant. The actual contract with your name and VIN attached to it is what matters.
Its the SAME contract. The only thing different is the contract plan name, and mileage limits, and deductible., your VIN, and you name.

I have the sample contract, right along side the ACTUAL contract, its the same except for what I listed above.

The actual terms and provisions of the contract are EXACTLY the same.

Have you compared the sample contract with an actual one, or do you even have an active ESP?

U

User_3336

Edit:
I went back to the dealership after advice from a member here and apparently the guy was new and was generating the wrong LOP codes. They are covering my replacement, two arms and a motor for the power side step. Another service rep had to step in and show him he was wording it improperly. Ill have it fixed next week.
What about your comments about Zeigler and your false advertising claim?

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt1945

Reaction score
What about your comments about Zeigler and your false advertising claim?
I had reached out to them first prior to making this post and was told the same thing as you said, they dont control the contract terms etc. and to feel free to refund it. I removed their name from the title earlier to not bash them as they obviously haven't done anything wrong and the warranty does work. Just incompetent reps at the RAM at the dealership who'd rather take the easy route instead of using some brain power to trouble shoot.

The dealer rep and MOPAR rep told me the exact thing originally "not sure why it's not covered but it shows its not". Being brushed off with no reason is irritating. Now I've learned how to ensure things are processed correctly in the future at whatever dealership I visit. The service manager told me to go back to the dealer that I usually visit as they may be able to help out? Kind of hard to do as thats back in OK and I'm in NJ now. I move every few years due to the military and have to deal with finding reputable places every move, it seems harder to find fair and competent places.

I called the dealership this morning at 9am to get the LOP# and received nothing by 230pm and ended up walking into the dealership by 3pm and the rep was just BSing around. He said oh I've been busy sorry. Took me standing there and complaining about the situation again until another rep heard and said "oh ill help, he's new and probably messed up". Which indeed he did.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its the SAME contract. The only thing different is the contract plan name, and mileage limits, and deductible., your VIN, and you name.

I have the sample contract, right along side the ACTUAL contract, its the same except for what I listed above.

The actual terms and provisions of the contract are EXACTLY the same.

Have you compared the sample contract with an actual one, or do you even have an active ESP?
Cool, I don't care if the sample is currently the same - that could change at any time. All the ACTUALLY matters is what YOUR contract says.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had reached out to them first prior to making this post and was told the same thing as you said, they dont control the contract terms etc. and to feel free to refund it. I removed their name from the title earlier to not bash them as they obviously haven't done anything wrong and the warranty does work. Just incompetent reps at the RAM at the dealership who'd rather take the easy route instead of using some brain power to trouble shoot.

The dealer rep and MOPAR rep told me the exact thing originally "not sure why it's not covered but it shows its not". Being brushed off with no reason is irritating. Now I've learned how to ensure things are processed correctly in the future at whatever dealership I visit. The service manager told me to go back to the dealer that I usually visit as they may be able to help out? Kind of hard to do as thats back in OK and I'm in NJ now. I move every few years due to the military and have to deal with finding reputable places every move, it seems harder to find fair and competent places.

I called the dealership this morning at 9am to get the LOP# and received nothing by 230pm and ended up walking into the dealership by 3pm and the rep was just BSing around. He said oh I've been busy sorry. Took me standing there and complaining about the situation again until another rep heard and said "oh ill help, he's new and probably messed up". Which indeed he did.
Just want to clarify one thing on your wording. Dealerships don't have reps. The corporation has reps that can go out to dealers for special problems, but I've never heard of 2 at a time. I think what you mean is service write up people? They generally don't know much. They are paper shufflers. Always make sure they write what you say. Often they word it different, and the mechanic only gets the info that is written.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went back to the dealership and apparently the guy was new and was generating the wrong LOP codes. They are covering my replacement, two arms and a motor for the power side step.
Guy was "new".

Sounds like the guy was trying to make a quick buck on you and see if you would pay up.
They would never admit "we were trying to scam you and you found out"

Glad you got it covered.

Afko

Reaction score
Edit:
I went back to the dealership after advice from a member here and apparently the guy was new and was generating the wrong LOP codes. They are covering my replacement, two arms and a motor for the power side step. Another service rep had to step in and show him he was wording it improperly. Ill have it fixed next week.

I have been having issues with my power running boards for my 19' Ram 1500 for a while now and ended up just permanently storing them as I got tired of how slow they were. I was told in the past just grease them and they will be fine. I had to go in for an alignment today as the local shops somehow couldn't do 22" Rims. I asked them to look at my power running boards while they were at it, and was informed the modules for the running boards (2 of them) need to be replaced by the dealer.

I said perfect, I have an extended warranty! Turns out, it's not covered under the MOPAR warranty I bought, I was surprised and certain that was incorrect. Even after reading through the warranty which specifically states for things not covered: The only exceptions are those listed under “What is not covered by the Plan”.

No where are running boards or the parts for them mentioned in the contract, I called the MOPAR customer service number, and after a lengthy time being bounced around and placed on hold, I read the LOP # to the agent and I got told "yeah we don't know why it's not covered, but it isn't". "Only things listed on there are covered" when I heard that I informed the agent that the contract states "COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):" The not limited to in my mind means not every item has to be listed. Guess that isn't true?

Starting to feel like I made a mistake. I learned about the warranty from these forums when I purchased it over a year ago, just figured I'd give a heads up in case you were thinking about it, the plan is not all roses, as there are loopholes and things you think would be covered but aren't. Apparently the modules are $920 a piece, I'm not a fan of spending over 2k to fix a step, so I'll just have to suck it up. I've had a few electrical issues with the truck since I've had it but always had it covered under the original warranty. Was hoping getting the extended would catch these further issues but I guess not. I also have an issue with my tailgate sticking but decided I'm living with that as I don't want to be disappointed again or charged a $300 diagnostic fee.
I would really love to know exactly what’s the deal because I am in the same boat. Left side running board and both dealer and warranty folks won’t cover.

Wisdom in how to handle is appreciated at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread