5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retractable running boards stuck

jcjohn

Reaction score
All, wondering if anybody else has problems with their retractable running boards in the winter. My problems started in October while on an elk hunt in WY. We had deep snow the entire trip and cold. The slush froze and kept them from retracting. After returning home and getting them thawed out, they started working again. However, its cold in Iowa now and they're barely working and stuck most the time even without any frozen crud on them.

Anybody else in northern climates have this issue?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Third winter in New Hampshire and never an issue. Some water leftover from the hunt must be trapped in there somewhere and freezing.

jcjohn

Reaction score
I suspect that may be the case, and just strange this is my 3rd winter with the truck as well, and no issue up until this point. Supposed to be in the 40s this weekend and hopefully I can get them thawed out, cleaned and lubed.

Users who are viewing this thread