5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retirement gift to myself!

dano257

Reaction score
Finally retired after 26 years as a cop in Jersey and looking to give myself a little gift by upgrading my Big Horn stock wheels and tires. I have a 2019 Big Horn with stock 20's, and no suspension mods. I'm looking to keep the suspension stock, not looking to do any lifts or spacers. I'm looking at the Fuel Rogue 20x9 with a +1 offset. I believe the stock offset is +19 so I know I'm gaining a little room there. I'm looking to pair those wheels with the Toyo ATIII. My question: Can I get 285/60/20's to fit without any rubbing? I don't really do any off-roading but the winters here can suck and I would like the additional traction and the snow rating of the AT III's. I also think the stock tires are too small for the truck and like the look of the bigger tire and aggressive tread. If the 285's will rub, if I stay with the 275 but go to the 60 aspect ratio will that be ok with the +1 offset? Thanks for any insight.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did 275/60's with +1. I had the same concerns as you, once I got everything installed I wish I had gone bigger. No rubbing at all, and from what I see there is room for more

dano257

Reaction score
I did 275/60's with +1. I had the same concerns as you, once I got everything installed I wish I had gone bigger. No rubbing at all, and from what I see there is room for more
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear....

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally retired after 26 years as a cop in Jersey and looking to give myself a little gift by upgrading my Big Horn stock wheels and tires. I have a 2019 Big Horn with stock 20's, and no suspension mods. I'm looking to keep the suspension stock, not looking to do any lifts or spacers. I'm looking at the Fuel Rogue 20x9 with a +1 offset. I believe the stock offset is +19 so I know I'm gaining a little room there. I'm looking to pair those wheels with the Toyo ATIII. My question: Can I get 285/60/20's to fit without any rubbing? I don't really do any off-roading but the winters here can suck and I would like the additional traction and the snow rating of the AT III's. I also think the stock tires are too small for the truck and like the look of the bigger tire and aggressive tread. If the 285's will rub, if I stay with the 275 but go to the 60 aspect ratio will that be ok with the +1 offset? Thanks for any insight.
Well, no advice from me. I just wanted to say great job sticking it out and being a cop for so long. While I have had my differences in my day, I know in the end, law and order are a necessity. Sorry for what has happened to today's society in regards to the profession.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Thank you for your service!!! I retired from firefighting at 26 years, I took 2 years off and have been back at the fire dept for 3 years now. I almost ready to retire again lol.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Congratulations on your retirement! Many thanks to you for protecting and serving your community and the sacrifices made doing so!

cbadge

Reaction score
Congratulations!

flying53brian

Reaction score
Congrats on your safe retirement and thank you for your service!

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift

ICE-G

Reaction score
After 30 years LEO, I also wanted a special retirement gift. I retired and kept dreaming and waiting for the past five years for the truck prices to come down and get a good deal. Decided that wasn’t happening and had a few friends pass to remind me time is short. So, I Ordered my first built to order vehicle with all the bells and whistles that I won’t need or know how to use. My bank “thanked me for my service“ and said they would be happy to remind me of this special retirement gift for the next 72 or 84 months!! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread