5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retired with new 2018 2500 Turbo Diesel 4WD

Nataccountguy

Reaction score
I am new forum member but have owned 3 RAM trucks since mid 90’s. I upgraded from a 2007 1500 5.7 hemi when I retired in 2019 planning on long trips pulling my 31ft travel trailer. Despite Covid interruptions I’ve been on 3 two plus weeks trips and numerous one week trips. The truck pulls great and the improved cab with heated and cooled seats, serious xm music and apple play connecting with our i phones makes driving a pleasure. It’s great to set cruise on 70 and forget it.
I added AMP Reseaech power steps to help us old folks getting in and out. I know this is sac religious but the truck is still too tall for my taste.
Just returned from 2500 mile 2 1/2 week loop through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah snd Arizona. 10.4 mpg overall including multiple day long sightseeing without trailer. My previous 5.7 hemi would have been around 7mpg.
My only other complaint besides height is hard ride with the required 70 psi in tires. I did change to Michelin Defender LT 275 / 65R20 highway tires when the original all season tires wore out at just 25k miles and they are MUCH quieter and have 50k warranty.

Nataccountguy

Users who are viewing this thread