5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retained Value

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is the 1/2 ton board, but I don't want to create an account at HD Rams just for this question and there are plenty of knowledgeable people here.

Motor Trend did a 40K mile long term test of a 2500 Laramie CTD. In their stats, they put that the residual value was 95% of the original MSRP.

Is that realistic? That's basically a free truck for 40K miles when you consider you could probably get at least 5% off MSRP when purchasing.

U

User_3336

Its possible, but the trend is spiraling down. Seemed to peak end of last year, first of the year.

I ended a Jeep Grand Cherokee lease, and GOT $4500 back! (dealer bought vehicle, and paid me)

Got what I paid for a Titan and Frontier.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
With the used car market so insane, that was highly possible, even probable. But watch for the values to take a nosedive with fuel prices climbing. A guy who wanted a big macho truck may just decide that paying $20 for fuel each way to work is too rich for him.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The PPI for used cars went up 28% last year.

latest_numbers_CUUR0000SETA02_2012_2022_all_period_M04_data.gif

Last edited:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess like you all are saying, it was the due to the timing of when their test ended. I think it was the May issue so the test probably actually ended in February or something. They based the residual value on Intellichoice.

Users who are viewing this thread