5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resonator delete vs the exhaust kit.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the difference between
deleting the resonator while keeping the factory mufler
vs
replacing the factory muffler while keeping the factory resonator?

also what is a resonator?

HeyDaddy61

Reaction score
What is the difference between
deleting the resonator while keeping the factory mufler
vs
replacing the factory muffler while keeping the factory resonator?

also what is a resonator?
Muffler would make the most difference in sound . The resonators are just that…they make the sound ” enhanceed” For better performance and sound ditch the factory muffler first.

northshoremb

Reaction score
So it's a better idea to keep the factory resonators and just replace the Muffler? I just got the 2023 Ram sport and need an exhaust for sound but know my 2015 Ram with resonators removed made it sound horrible when MDS kicked in. So I always ended up shifting to 8 gear that way MDS never made that horrible sound

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, I am way late to the party here.
Deleting the resonators on the stock muffler makes a difference in sound but not very much at all, you will probably be disappointed. If you are worried about it being too loud you can always go with our moderate retrofit muffler, it will sound like a factory performance exhaust, nice and mellow. muffler
Here is an article on the resonators on these trucks and how they work. Article

mrclortho

Reaction score
I am running B2's muffler delete kit and very happy. The truck makes noise but isn't "loud" in my opinion. It is quieter than my buddy's F150 V8 with a Flowmaster and does not drone like his does.

I kept the resonators.

Users who are viewing this thread