5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RESOLVED -------2019 Ram 1500 12k miles, Mandatory UConnect Update-12" screen dead----RESOLVED

Jrex

Reaction score
Last edited:

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Check for Map Updates
You have to go back to MY2017 for the 1500 for there to be any update available. Does that mean anyone with a 2018 and above has a map from probably 2017? What a POS.

FYI my 2017 BMW X5 periodically downloads map updates and has since I got it in 2017.

FYI my loaded X5 was about the same price as a loaded 2019 Limited.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After update my radio was garbage.Took FCA, star or whoever 2 1/2 months to order and replace.

Jrex

Reaction score
Android Auto with google maps is far superior to the Uconnect Nav. More accurate, up to date all the the time and easier to use other than the USB cable

Jrex

Reaction score
After update my radio was garbage.Took FCA, star or whoever 2 1/2 months to order and replace.

My impression of the whole process is, there is some gremlin in the Uconnect system they are not making public. How a software update Nuc's the entire system is very questionable? Then there is no such hard reset to put it back to stock, every other software/hardware system in the world has? Then in my case, they replaced it and it still didn't fix it? When the tech put my original module back in, to put the truck together with an unsuccessful repair attempt, it magically started to working again. When I talked to the tech, He was like, we they and STAR have no idea what the root cause of the problem. Thus the delay in ordering new module or taking away dealer ability to order the new module.

Some work with new module, some dont. Why mine worked putting back in original model after being disconnected overnight, down right weird. The only thing I could think of is the Uconnect has a built in battery, like a computer motherboard does, so it takes a little while for that to run down. My tech disconnected my module from truck power, reconnected and it did not work first time.

2.5 months is just outright unreasonable. I would of lemon lawed it.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It worked but every so often it had a issue. Contact a lawyer but it didn’t fall under so I was not going to waste my money. Since replacement I havehad no issues

whonut

Reaction score
I’m on third trip to dealership in a month trying to get a bricked unit resolved. Brought it in initially because compass was off by 90 degrees. They bricked it when they were “fixing” it.

They ordered a new unit, installed it last week, and about half the stuff wouldn’t work. No backup cam, no passenger seat controls, etc. I brought it back again, and their “best guy” is scratching his *** trying to suss out the root cause.

Love the truck, but too many controls are dependent on this system for it to just be an afterthought to the vehicle as a whole. Very frustrating!

Bram2019

Reaction score
I’m on third trip to dealership in a month trying to get a bricked unit resolved. Brought it in initially because compass was off by 90 degrees. They bricked it when they were “fixing” it.

They ordered a new unit, installed it last week, and about half the stuff wouldn’t work. No backup cam, no passenger seat controls, etc. I brought it back again, and their “best guy” is scratching his *** trying to suss out the root cause.

Love the truck, but too many controls are dependent on this system for it to just be an afterthought to the vehicle as a whole. Very frustrating!
If the bcm is configured correctly, I would disconnect the battery for an hour, reconnect and let it sit overnight and see what happens. My guess is it will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread