5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolution on screen degrades after putting truck in reverse

demonspeed

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I put the truck in reverse, then back to drive that the resolution on the screen degrades horribly. It is almost like it loses half the pixel density. It won't correct itself until the truck is shut off and sits for a little while. Has anyone else noticed this and if so, what have you done about it? Truck is only a couple of months old and it's really annoying.

el_goob

Reaction score
This has been happening to me for the last month or so. I hadn't considered it being a pixel problem since it seems like the colors were suffering the most, but that might be the case as well. I didn't even notice it looked right before I put it in reverse until a couple days ago since I usually shift almost immediately upon starting it up.
The camera feed seems to display correctly, and most of the vehicle menus aren't noticeably bad unless you look really closely. When Android Auto starts up it becomes pretty obvious on the map and media player (Poweramp)--album art looks like trash.
I'm also not sure it's 100% consistent, but it definitely happens most of the time. Sucks for sure.

demonspeed

Reaction score
I got an OTA update and it seems to have fixed it. Only problem now is when a text comes through it automatically reads it and I hate that when I have other people in the truck with me. Sometimes messages are not appropriate for all listeners. :LOL:

el_goob

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was a victim of the Connected Services delete so maybe I need a trip to the dealer. Any chance you could post the update version you just received?

Users who are viewing this thread