5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resetting battery life in ECU when changed

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My experience was very similar. 2021 model that failed at 25 months. I also kept on a trickle charger.
Depending on the trickle charger and it's circuitry, it's possible you were overcharging the battery which could lead to early battery failure. If it doesn't have circuitry to sense the batter is full and stop charging, then you may have been doing more harm than good.

Bob.

Reaction score
I ordered a battery tonight. Ordered another for her jeep which is a few years older.
I went to work tonight and it barely turned over. I hit the switch and seen the voltage was 14.7 volts as it was running. I let it run for 20 minutes. Shut it down, clicked accessory and read the voltage again. After 20 minutes it read 12.2 volts. Lol, I jinked myself....

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
My IBS wiring is tight and i want to pull the plug and reroute it. According to what ive read here, it will go through a multi day relearning process, correct ?
IMG_3932.jpg IMG_3932.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My IBS wiring is tight and i want to pull the plug and reroute it. According to what ive read here, it will go through a multi day relearning process, correct ?
View attachment 175776 View attachment 175776
Remove the negative terminal to reset it.
Once it's disconnected from the terminal remove the plug from the IBS end, and re-route it. Connect it back.
THEN re-connect negative.

Users who are viewing this thread