5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset climate control?

kdf414

Reaction score
Today my backup camera was not working so I found recommendation to disconnect battery for 30 minutes to reset it. That worked, but now my climate control is all jacked up. The passenger side blows hot regardless of the temperature selected. Putting System in auto blows hot on both sides even though temp set to 68. The only way to blow cool air on both sides is setting to max ac. Is there something about the climate control that has to be reset after battery disconnect?

It is 2021 Laramie 1500 with 12"Uconnect.

RebelChip

Reaction score
Next time it your backup camera stops working just push the on/off volume button and the tuner button together for approx. 10 seconds and let go the Uconnect screen will restart and restore your backup camera. It's happened to me twice.

kylerjensen

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. @kdf414 how long did you have to wait before your climate controls started working normally again?

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Next time it your backup camera stops working just push the on/off volume button and the tuner button together for approx. 10 seconds and let go the Uconnect screen will restart and restore your backup camera. It's happened to me twice.
Thanks for the tip (y)

kylerjensen

Reaction score
Mine eventually went back to normal after 3-4 hours. Left it parked out side and it was good when I went to drive somewhere later that afternoon.

scuba840

Reaction score
Today my backup camera was not working so I found recommendation to disconnect battery for 30 minutes to reset it. That worked, but now my climate control is all jacked up. The passenger side blows hot regardless of the temperature selected. Putting System in auto blows hot on both sides even though temp set to 68. The only way to blow cool air on both sides is setting to max ac. Is there something about the climate control that has to be reset after battery disconnect?

It is 2021 Laramie 1500 with 12"Uconnect.
My 2019 ram 1500 with 12" would only have hi/lo temp control without temp selection after battery unhooked. As a secondary symptom, my backup cam had No icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, just a large "U".

Your suggestion worked. Thanks. I turned radio off. Then held the on/off button for "a while" maybe 10s and radio came on and appeared to reboot. Problem solved. My temp control selection now works and backup camera icon back where it should be.

s1moore1s

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 with 12" would only have hi/lo temp control without temp selection after battery unhooked. As a secondary symptom, my backup cam had No icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, just a large "U".

Your suggestion worked. Thanks. I turned radio off. Then held the on/off button for "a while" maybe 10s and radio came on and appeared to reboot. Problem solved. My temp control selection now works and backup camera icon back where it should be.
Weird - this doesn’t work for me after trying numerous times. Will let it sit overnight and see what happens (2020)

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird - this doesn’t work for me after trying numerous times. Will let it sit overnight and see what happens (2020)

You gotta press the buttons on the two rotary knobs together for 10 seconds.

bobower88

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 with 12" also only has hi/lo temp control without temp selection after battery unhooked. I've tried the normal reset holding the power and tuner knobs also have tried disconnecting the battery and everything in between with days of waiting in between steps and for some reason this time my controls aren't coming back any other suggestions 😕

d7king7d

Reaction score
Did you get the issue resolved?

I have a 2021 Ram Classic Warlock that has the same issues. I will be trying these fixes I found on here later.

Users who are viewing this thread