5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reposition Silver Bed Rails

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
Has anyone repositioned the silver bed tie down rails when adding a Tonneau? I have a 22 Rebel GT with Rambox & MFT. I just ordered the Undercover Armor Flex. In my understanding, I’m going to have to remove the silver tie down rails. I liked the functionality, so I’m thinking of picking up a rivnut tool and moving it down a couple inches. Downside is the bed side comes in a bit with the bumps and this would need to go on top of that.

I wish they made the mounts clips work with the silver rails.

anyone have any success? Any other good tie down options and I could repurpose this or sell it.

mike

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I was a little suspect about your needing to remove them. As far as I know it's the black rails that cause problems with most bed covers. The silver rails sit lower and don't interfere with a cover fitting.

RAMKing1

Reaction score
I'm installing my Armorflex right now and the cover side rails slide behind the silver bed rails and actually in my opinion is a much better install than the clamps. I however cannot get the rails to fit with the front caps that the drain hoses attach to. Any luck there?

skeith223

Reaction score
Hi could you walk me through your install I have the black rails but I was told I could remove the black rails and install the cover rails with the factory bolts it sounds like the same thing as you did with your silver rails instead of using clamps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread