5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing tires this year.... What did you choose??

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have nearly 50k on my 2019 rebel I bought new. I still have the duratracks that came on the truck. I like the looks of the tire and I thought they didnt seem all that loud. Ill probably just get them again but was wondering what other brands are people getting for replacements.

evanxrs

Reaction score
BF Goodrich AT tires would be a reasonable comparable. Had them on my previous Ram and they were solid.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m going to try venom terra hunter XT’s when the time comes, 275/60r20. I’ve been reading reviews and know a few folks that have them and like them.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to get Michelin LTX on the Ram.
Ran BFG AT on my F150. They are a good tire too.

vandersnoot

Reaction score
I went with Nitto Trail Grapplers. I don't put many miles on per year and wanted a capable tire for varied conditions. I've had some variation of Nittos on 3 Rams and have never had a problem with the brand.

tdager

Reaction score
Continental Terrain Contact A/T. LOVE these tires.

edgarrian

Reaction score
BF Goodrich AT tires would be a reasonable comparable. Had them on my previous Ram and they were solid.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I had these on my tundra and they were a good tire

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
Defender LTX here as well. I don't do anything that requires all the aggressive all terrains I would always buy... even though those all look way nicer than the Defenders. So far it's been a really nice tires in snow, wet and dry and it's very quiet. I've seen a small increase in mpg as well.

brewdad

Reaction score
Has any Rebel owners bought the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires? I have heard that they are very quiet on pavement and they are standard tires for the new Toyota Tundra TRD Pro truck coming out this summer.

NoExpert

Reaction score
I dumped the Goodyears at less than 10k miles and went to the Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX tire. It performs just as well as the Duratracs but has far better on road manners.

Thread where I posted pics:

S. Snake

Reaction score
On my first Rebel I replaced worn duratracs with BFG A/T KO2's without the three snowflake things. I wanted the white letters on the outside but they were great for daily driving and quiet. Only downside is they dont have that little outcropping lip thing near the rim which is supposed to protect the rim from curb rash. I'm probably going to get the same tires when the current set gives up the ghost.

puba08

Reaction score
Literally Just picked up MT Baja Boss AT’s brand new for $1k
2b6547c532ac3e94363fd4909cf172aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I wanted a "less aggressive" tread pattern as I do almost no off-roading, but I wanted an LT tire for towing our TT. I ultimately decided on the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's. So far (~6,000 miles) I really like them. They are quiet and have a comfortable ride. They did make things ever so slightly more rough, but I also have a Hellwig sway bar set to the stiffest setting. I really don't mind a truck that drives like a truck. :)

SemperFi

Reaction score
Has any Rebel owners bought the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires? I have heard that they are very quiet on pavement and they are standard tires for the new Toyota Tundra TRD Pro truck coming out this summer.
I had these on my Toyota 4Runner. Solid tire, comparable to the BFG KO2's which I've had on multiple vehicles. Very good in dry, rain or snow. The one thing I noticed with the Falken's is the rubber is a softer compound and wears much more quickly than the BFG's. YMMV.

LiteFiter

Reaction score
I want to throw my support for this thread because I am also looking for a set of tires to augment my K02’s for 3 season driving, hoping to increase my mileage. I’m doing about 12,000 a year, mostly local. Any advice will be appreciated. Driving a 2021 Bighorn. TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread