5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing Black Cargo Rails with Silver

BlackedOutLimited

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

First post, but I've been hitting the search bar pretty hard.

Thankfully before placing my order for a Bakflip F1, I saw that I have the wrong colored cargo rails. I found the part numbers in an old post, 68027049AD and 68027048AD and was going to order them from an OEM wholesaler. Im not sure if they come with all the mounting equipment.

Has anyone done this replacement on their vehicle? Will the bolts on my current black rails work for the silver rails?

Thanks in advance!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this too. Parts guys at my dealership are clueless about this, and they're the ones who provided the tonneau cover that needs the silver rails LOL. Hopefully someone here has dealt with this.

TacticalCucumber

Reaction score
FYI I just ordered the rails from BAM Wholesale. I should be getting them next Friday and I'll let you know.

BlackedOutLimited

Reaction score
FYI I just ordered the rails from BAM Wholesale. I should be getting them next Friday and I'll let you know.

Still waiting on them? I asked if additional bolts were needed to replace the black ones and they said I shouldn't need them. Is that the same info you got?

TacticalCucumber

Reaction score
I did receive them. Didn't take them out of the box yet lol. I'll check it tomorrow to confirm, but based on watching videos on YouTube about tonneau covers, they look like the same bolt pattern. I'll still check though.

BlackedOutLimited

Reaction score
I did receive them. Didn't take them out of the box yet lol. I'll check it tomorrow to confirm, but based on watching videos on YouTube about tonneau covers, they look like the same bolt pattern. I'll still check though.
Awesome! Thanks a ton for checking!

BlackedOutLimited

Reaction score
So for anyone interested. I just did the replacement of black cargo rails with silver.

The parts I ordered from BAM Wholesaler and the bolts already in the black rails were fine to resue with the silver. In total it took just a few minutes to swap them out.

There does appear to be an issue with water getting behind the rail (between the rail and the bed) and leaking. It is not severe, but something to consider.

Kozmo714

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram limited with black rails and would like to trade anyone for the silver ones. If anyone is interested please let me know. Shoot me a text. 727-337-0227

Parkerduplexes

Reaction score
If you buy a new 2021 longhorn limited without an OEM factory tonneau cover, does the truck come with silver or black rails??

Users who are viewing this thread