5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing 18" "Temporary Tire" Spare with Regular Tire - Will It Go Under The Truck?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
So I got a sidewall puncture on one of my tires Sunday - spent a lovely 2.5 hours in monsoon rainstorm waiting on AAA to come change it out (better HIM than ME).

'19 Limited with 22's - NOT running the Goodyear Grand Tourings (shredded them off in 13K miles) - running Michelin Premier LTX 285/45/22 which, of course are pretty much out of stock at the moment - earliest I could get one was Friday, so I subbed a Defender LTX in its place (same tread pattern - 110 versus 114 load rating - not worried for the moment) - because there was no way I could run the spare the entire week (without destroying it).

FYI - the "temporary spare" - if you have to REPLACE IT - costs almost as much as TWO REGULAR TIRES. And it appears to be a DEALER ONLY SKU

Rolling stock for 18" wheels is: 275/65/18 - and has the same rotational diameter as the factory 22's (285/45/22) - 32.1".

Is is safe to assume that a "regular tire" on the steel 18" rim will fit under the truck in the spare tire location? Especially since "full size spares" are an option?

Rick

hceptj

Reaction score
I have a '19 with 20" rims and bought a "used" factory rim off ebay for $100 and put a used but fairly new tire on it...it fits with no problem. I had the 18" spare as well and just couldn't see that on a 4x4 truck even on city streets if I had a flat.

Users who are viewing this thread