5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement wipers

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I purchased the Bosch Icon wiper blades earlier today and am getting ready to install them now. Both sides required part number 24A, unlike my 2014 which required "A" for the drivers side and "B" for the passenger side. I removed the passenger side first and compared the OEM to the Bosch. There is a far greater curve / tension on the OEM compared to the Bosch (see picture - Bosch on top, OEM on bottom). After installing the blade, I saw that it does not sit tight at the outer edge of the glass, which would mean that it wont wipe the outer lower area of the glass. I'm also concerned that the blade will skate across the glass as it does not have the same tension as the OEM blade does. I most likely will return these and get the OEM blades, but for those of you who have installed the Icons, what are your experiences / thoughts on the performance of the Icons?

Attachments

• 20201209_174800.jpg
    20201209_174800.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 62

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the Bosch Icon wiper blades earlier today and am getting ready to install them now. Both sides required part number 24A, unlike my 2014 which required "A" for the drivers side and "B" for the passenger side. I removed the passenger side first and compared the OEM to the Bosch. There is a far greater curve / tension on the OEM compared to the Bosch (see picture - Bosch on top, OEM on bottom). After installing the blade, I saw that it does not sit tight at the outer edge of the glass, which would mean that it wont wipe the outer lower area of the glass. I'm also concerned that the blade will skate across the glass as it does not have the same tension as the OEM blade does. I most likely will return these and get the OEM blades, but for those of you who have installed the Icons, what are your experiences / thoughts on the performance of the Icons?
Bought them, like them, no issues.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been using Icons for years and love them.

Within 2 months of buying my truck I couldn't take the OEMs any longer. Streaks and chatter drove me crazy.

I went with the Bosch Focus to try them out and am disappointed in them. Better then OEM but nowhere near the Icons I had on my last truck. I wanted to wait until they were done but as the weather cools and the mornings are dewy my frustration grows. I will probably put some Icons on before Christmas.

Don't return the Icons yet. Here's some real-world testing:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Bosch icon blades are what I use. I don't have any issues with them.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Been using Icons for years and love them.

Within 2 months of buying my truck I couldn't take the OEMs any longer. Streaks and chatter drove me crazy.

I went with the Bosch Focus to try them out and am disappointed in them. Better then OEM but nowhere near the Icons I had on my last truck. I wanted to wait until they were done but as the weather cools and the mornings are dewy my frustration grows. I will probably put some Icons on before Christmas.

Don't return the Icons yet. Here's some real-world testing:

Thanks for the link; some great info for sure. The OEM blades on my truck are 1.5 years old and were starting to leave lines as they wiped. I did a lot of research and narrowed it down to the Icons and Valeo 900 series; finally settling on the Icons. I had Icons on my 14 Ram for a short time before trading it in on my 19, but dont remember how they performed since I hadn't used the wipers much. I'm just not too pleased that the right side wiper makes no contact for the first 2.5 or so inches in from the outer end when in the rest position. I remember the Icons for the 14 Ram used 22A and 22B: there should be a 24B for the 19 application, but Bosch does not make one. I did order a set of OEM blades from a local dealer for under 40.00, so I will go ahead and return the Icons tomorrow.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’ve replaced my OEM blades with Icon 24As a few months ago as well. They have been perfect.

pgers22

Reaction score
Gave the Trico's a shot this time around. 2 months now and no issues so far. Got the Trico Force ones. Just my 2 cents

Roaddog359

Reaction score
I get the bosch Icon but this time i tried the new bosch focus wiper. I will see if they preform better they were more money. Time will tell.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same thought and have had the Focus wipers for about a year now. Better than the auto parts store house brand but not as good as the Icons I've had in the past. Hopefully you have a better experience than I have had with the Focus wipers.

Still have a lot of life left in them but am probably going to go to Icons this month.

Roaddog359

Reaction score
Drove first time in the rain today with them and they preformed well. Cant say if they were any better or worse than the icon though. I will see how they last but I may just save some cash and stick with Icons unless its a noticeable lasting improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online