5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement tailgate (mft) trim options?

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 with the MFT. While unloading a fridge the other day, I had the tailgate down in the traditional way. The fridge caught an edge of the upper trim on the tailgate and some of the plastic pins/clips broke.

These pins, or clips, are molded into the trim piece. Any options out there to replace the upper trim on the MFT with aftermarket (maybe something like diamond plated aluminum) option?

The trim is still functional, just sticks up a little on the end where the clips broke.

Thanks.

20221021_100125.jpg

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
Thats a lot better price than I thought it would be. Will have to look up the cover that hides the jack under the passenger seat...a clip on that cover snapped when I removed it to access the jack. Didnt come off nearly as easy as the Ram video depicted.

Thanks for the information!!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went into the parts section at the dealership and I was trying to find a push clip for the plastic trim on the inside of the MFT as I dropped one and I have no idea where it went. It was a very oddball part number and when the guy eventually found the $5 clip he gave it to me for free.

Users who are viewing this thread