5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement Tail Light

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find a replacement tail light for the rebel that isn't $800? This is ridiculous! Can I buy a non blind spot detection tail light and transfer the detector?

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Or anyone have a recommendation on aftermarket to replace both that are a quality brand?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or anyone have a recommendation on aftermarket to replace both that are a quality brand?
The non blind spot light is around 600, not much savings and these are non-returnable.
So, pretty risky if it can not be transplanted with the module.
Maybe someone chimes in with firsthand experience.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try eBay maybe you can find a good used unit. If not maybe pony up and buy new I hate to say it but if you can afford a Rebel surely you can afford a $800 taillight you might not like thats what they cost but so do these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Try eBay maybe you can find a good used unit. If not maybe pony up and buy new I hate to say it but if you can afford a Rebel surely you can afford a $800 taillight you might not like thats what they cost but so do these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yup, affording it is not the issue. Whether I can afford it or not, I'd prefer not to spend the $800 if there are alternative options, that's all. I was just hoping someone had experience with replacing one. My wife likes how some of the aftermarket lights look, but from my experience, they generally have issues with moisture.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yup, affording it is not the issue. Whether I can afford it or not, I'd prefer not to spend the $800 if there are alternative options, that's all. I was just hoping someone had experience with replacing one. My wife likes how some of the aftermarket lights look, but from my experience, they generally have issues with moisture.
I have had great luck in the past with aftermarket taillights, but my ram still has oem

Ready Go

Reaction score
These are sold separately R and L.

Ready Go

Reaction score
When you open the Ebay listing, tap down on the Listing Description Heading, it'll open a link to DT Moto with more info...and says specifically to transfer over all your BSM hardware for them to work correctly. Can't beat the price.

Ready Go

Reaction score
I've bought parts from DT Moto in the past without issues.
I've been debating buying these in a few months (other parts are first priority) to replace my Non-Night Edition LED Laramie Taillights.

Users who are viewing this thread