5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement Tail Light Options LED with Blind Spot

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Someone backed their travel trailer into my truck yesterday and broke my tail lamp lens.

I see that there are two types of LED lens options, with or without blind spot sensors.

My sensor is fine, can I retrofit a less expensive LED tail light with my sensor? Prices for LED tail lights range from $550-850. Yikes.

Thanks

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone backed their travel trailer into my truck yesterday and broke my tail lamp lens.

I see that there are two types of LED lens options, with or without blind spot sensors.

My sensor is fine, can I retrofit a less expensive LED tail light with my sensor? Prices for LED tail lights range from $550-850. Yikes.

Thanks
You should be able to transfer your blind spot sensors from your broke tail light to a new one without having to repurchase the sensors.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, the tail lights are some spendy items, just like pretty much everything on these trucks.

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to save this person's insurance company some money? Their insurance should cover the repair cost if they backed into you. That's the reason we are all supposed to carry insurance.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Found one from BAM autoparts for $550 plus shipping.
I am trying to do this without insurance since their deductible was more than the cost of the parts. The guy was driving a newer rebel. Gotta help our own

This is what hit me. Black Series Camper

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Holy luxury campers Batman! Who needs a house if you have one of those? :ROFLMAO:

I've shopped BAM a few times. Great prices.

Users who are viewing this thread