5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement Steering Wheel

NJSRT

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction, or have a place to contact for this. My 2019 Rebel has the black/red interior. The steering leather at 12 o’clock is worn out pretty bad. I’m looking to purchase a new steering wheel. I’ve been searching all day and a lot of places are lacking in the details about the products. So I have no idea which wheel I need. I basically need a black steering wheel, with red stitching and heated. Does anyone have a good contact person somewhere, or even a part number I can search for? Appreciate the help.

jedgar81

Reaction score
Not what you are asking directly, but any good automotive upholstery shop should be able to redo it for you and maybe with a material that will last you longer than a few years.

NJSRT

Reaction score
Thanks, I was just thinking that myself. I'll have to see how much that would cost versus getting a bare bones wheel and replace it myself.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
vividracing.com do a steering wheel, plus can be custom with a flat bottom.

NJSRT

Reaction score
In case anyone needs it, i found the stock part number, it is Part No: 6XR972X7AA It sells for around $130 shipped. That's a black leather steering wheel, heated, with red stitching. Confirmed it with a dealer with a VIN look up too.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In case anyone needs it, i found the stock part number, it is Part No: 6XR972X7AA It sells for around $130 shipped. That's a black leather steering wheel, heated, with red stitching. Confirmed it with a dealer with a VIN look up too.

Thanks for the info! Mine got sticky, I think it was the constant use of germx on my hands. I tried cleaning it with an appropriate cleaner but I scubbed too hard and it peeled a little. I put a black cover over it but I'd love to eventually get a new wheel.

NJSRT

Reaction score
For the price, certainly worth replacing instead of trying to repair it. I’ve found a few videos on how to replace the wheel, it’s very easy.

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
My bighorn steering wheel wore out in same spot. They replaced under warranty. If yours is under warranty still they will replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJSRT

Reaction score
I am under warranty, but I tried dicking around with it too much, not something I can warranty now. I already ordered the wheel, patiently waiting now. The install looks easy enough, hope that goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread