5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement Housing 2020 Key Fob

Lombana

Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for a replacement key fob housing? My 15 week old Aussie managed to get on the countertop and pull down my keys and in turn had a snack on my fob. I figured something was off when the horn on my truck was going off outside and saw the pups on the camera enjoying something I know I didn't provide.

That said, the FOB works but the buttons are basically eaten away. Looking for a replacement housing to transfer the guts from.

Thanks in advance,
Miguel

Attachments

• 20201217_130659.jpg
    20201217_130659.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 34

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think you can buy just the housing, but there are plenty of used fobs on eBay that you could buy. A used remote cannot be reprogrammed to another truck so it would be perfect for replacing your chewed up housing and just throw the used remote's guts away. Here's one for about $40-

EDIT- I guess you can buy a new housing for about $15, but it's not OEM so IDK about the quality-

Lombana

Reaction score
I don't think you can buy just the housing, but there are plenty of used fobs on eBay that you could buy. A used remote cannot be reprogrammed to another truck so it would be perfect for replacing your chewed up housing and just throw the used remote's guts away. Here's one for about $40-

EDIT- I guess you can buy a new housing for about $15, but it's not OEM so IDK about the quality-
Works for me thank you!

sppb32

Reaction score
It might be OEM the o e on Ebay,, at least can't tell the difference, I bought one a few weeks back just in case.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread