5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement filter for Ram Air Flow CAI

Cda3488

Reaction score
Is there any better filter like a K and N filter for the Ram air Flow CAI?? I have a 2022 GT ordered and I can’t find a replacement anywhere, can anybody help?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any better filter like a K and N filter for the Ram air Flow CAI?? I have a 2022 GT ordered and I can’t find a replacement anywhere, can anybody help?
What type of filter comes with it?

Nova90

Reaction score
I believe it comes with a cleanable filter already. Some folks chose to rotate a second to swap out while cleaning and drying the current installed one.

NRitland2

Reaction score
There are a few members that installed this on their trucks. The filter is cleanable- there is another discussion on here that lists the part number and a full convo concerning it

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
Op- what do you mean by a better filter? The Mopar filter it comes with is listed as dry, high flow and cleanable/reusable. Maybe wait till your truck is here to inspect the filter. I bought a second filter to have on hand while I clean the dirty one. Also added a Outerwears prefilter. Here’s the part number for the spare Mopar filter. A2A3AB23-7B10-4BED-851F-2B6F1E01A976.jpeg

Cda3488

Reaction score
Op- what do you mean by a better filter? The Mopar filter it comes with is listed as dry, high flow and cleanable/reusable. Maybe wait till your truck is here to inspect the filter. I bought a second filter to have on hand while I clean the dirty one. Also added a Outerwears prefilter. Here’s the part number for the spare Mopar filter. View attachment 116678
Thanks for the info. I will find out tomorrow, just got a call from the dealer my truck is in yehaa

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I cleaned mine, I used water only, rinsing inside to out. Got off 95% or more of visible stuff. Then I let it air dry, and looks almost as good as new. I then put it in the plastic bag that the new one came in, and store it on a shelf. Next oil change (or two, depending on how dirty the installed one gets), I’ll swap and repeat.

As others said, like most reusable filters. Definitely do not rinse outside to in, as that will just drive the bad stuff further into the filter, which is the opposite of what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread