5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement bed rail caps?

frostymug

Reaction score
Ha anyone replaced their bed rail caps? My 2021 Limited came with them, but I scratched one of them up and it’s bugging me so I want to replace it.

Looking for either OEM or a quality aftermarket. Would appreciate if anyone could share instructions on how to remove the factory ones and whether it is a difficult job or not.

So far I I’ve only found these but they aren’t for the 5th gen. Mopar Dodge RAM Right and Left Side 5'7" Bed Side Rail Cap Protectors New OEM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VYN87KL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_LT1aGbCWXEJ26

Part numbers for OEM appreciated! Thanks!

xspeedy

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm looking for the caps. They go on the top of the bed sides.

I’m a bit embarrassed to say I somehow scratched up one of mine, and I replaced it. They are relatively inexpensive from the dealer so just pick up one there. Mine even had them in stock. I want to say it was something like $40. All you do is pry up the back corner (at the tailgate) a bit and grab hold. Then start pulling it straight up and keep going the length to the cab. You’ll snap off most of the tabs that hold It down (it makes a horrible sound), and some will fall into the bed while others will fall above your wheel hump In that space between your outer sheet metal and the bed wall. If you can find someone to help pinch the clips from inside the bed with some pliers it may help with those releasing. There is nothing you can do about the ones in the well (the outer ones) as there is no access. After you get the old one off, just look through the holes the tabs went through and use something thin and long to push the broken tabs off the hump so they either fall out through the openings in front of or behind the wheel. I counted the number of broken tabs off the old cap and made sure I had that many broken bits. Clean the painted bed rail and then snap on the new one. Just line it up and pound it down with the side of your fist and work it from one end to the other.

Attachments

• 2235B292-CECF-4F55-B8CA-2F2644481AF0.jpeg
    2235B292-CECF-4F55-B8CA-2F2644481AF0.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

frostymug

Reaction score
I’m a bit embarrassed to say I somehow scratched up one of mine, and I replaced it. They are relatively inexpensive from the dealer so just pick up one there. Mine even had them in stock. I want to say it was something like $40. All you do is pry up the back corner (at the tailgate) a bit and grab hold. Then start pulling it straight up and keep going the length to the cab. You’ll snap off most of the tabs that hold It down (it makes a horrible sound), and some will fall into the bed while others will fall above your wheel hump In that space between your outer sheet metal and the bed wall. If you can find someone to help pinch the clips from inside the bed with some pliers it may help with those releasing. There is nothing you can do about the ones in the well (the outer ones) as there is no access. After you get the old one off, just look through the holes the tabs went through and use something thin and long to push the broken tabs off the hump so they either fall out through the openings in front of or behind the wheel. I counted the number of broken tabs off the old cap and made sure I had that many broken bits. Clean the painted bed rail and then snap on the new one. Just line it up and pound it down with the side of your fist and work it from one end to the other.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/