5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replaced the nasty stock tires on my Ram

Bradleys

Reaction score
I finally replaced the tire’s on my 2019 Laramie...

i hated those tires. The raised white letters got torn up really badly from just a little curb rub when parking and the wore unevenly. Actually, I am not sure i have ever worn out a set of tires as quickly as these went, and fran, i am okay with that. If i had to look at them a moment longer i would have lost my mind.

When I took the truck to Discount Tire, they said these are the worst and never recommend replacing them with the stocks tires.

I ended up going with Bridgestone Dueler LTH’s black walls and it looks tons nicer.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, what tires did you have? Mine came with some nice Goodyear Wrangler tires.

Of course with 275 miles on them they were getting beat so I had to replace them along with the rims, oh, and the suspension.... :p

mophead

Reaction score
Yes, what tires did you have? Mine came with some nice Goodyear Wrangler tires.

Of course with 275 miles on them they were getting beat so I had to replace them along with the rims, oh, and the suspension.... :p
If you replace the sub, speakers and add an amp it will ride much smoother and be a lot safer driving in rain or snow.... jus sayin

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's funny how many different tire makes came on the 2019s. (Were tires hard to get in that time frame?) I've been lucky. Mine came with Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HTs and they've been quiet, handle very well, and are hanging in at 52,000 miles with maybe another 7-10K to go. There are probably better snow traction all-seasons out there, but I'm contemplating buying these for replacements.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 051743 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread