5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replaceable Stereo?

Ardit

Reaction score
Anyone tried or has experience with replacing the stereo receiver (any variant) with an aftermarket one?

I’m looking at the AVIC-W8400NEX that has wireless CarPlay + Android Auto but crutchfield says it’s not recommended due to some limitations.

I don’t care for the on screen controls. Just as long as the backup camera works. I would actually even buy an aftermarket camera and hook it up to the stereo to get wireless CarPlay.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mornin. :coffee: No one has started a thread on this specifically yet AFAIK. The closest two we have going here are discussions to swap the 12” screen for the 8.4” screen (discussing connections, console, displays/drivers/radios) and upgrade the stock 6 speaker stereo system (covering details of the ANC system, amp, and speakers).

Crutchfield discusses the option (of course, since they would love for us to replace the HU) but the key is finding the right integration box, allowing steering wheel controls, camera display, etc. It’s hard for me to imagine something that could replace all the UConnect functionality right now, which has me holding short of any thoughts of changing the Hu/radio/display.

I have found several useful posts on other ram forums, but nothing on the 2019 yet... you might be a pioneer in this area if you go this route so take lots of pictures if you do it! (y) Part numbers should be noted too, this information helps regarding which boxes work together and which don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread