5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace tow mirrors or not??

Should I change out the tow mirrors?

• Keep them - they aren’t that bad to deal with

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Change them - power fold is worth it

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

navynate88

Reaction score
I am in need of opinions - I have a 2019 Longhorn with the tow mirrors. As we all know - they are not power fold. I have still not seen the truck in person but I am extremely concerned about the size of the mirrors. I am looking at the infotainment.com package to get the power fold standard mirrors but even with the military discount they are still $1600.

Do you all think it is worth the cost? How bothersome are the tow mirrors or are they easy to adapt to?

Below is a photo of my truck for reference.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

DEB46058-1251-437E-A231-DEECFBAD504C.jpeg

TexasJonathan

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we can get OEM power fold tow mirrors from the 2021 Ram 1500 and swap with ours???

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy the 2021 power folding tow mirrors. The tow mirrors are great. Nice and big.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I would love the mirrors to have power fold-in, but I don't know that I'd love them $1600 worth.

The worst part of the tow mirrors is getting them adjusted properly. The outer fisheye mirror is adjustable, it's just really stiff. I finally got mine tweaked so that when I'm cruising down the road, cars drive off the outer mirror and onto the inner mirror. Now the big jumbo mirrors are only a problem in a narrow fast-food drive-through window or inside a parking garage. But they do fold in. You just need to do it manually.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in a power fold tow mirror as well. The cost just doesn't seem worth it at the moment but to have all the extra features in a tow mirror that folds? 2021 make it happen.

TexasJonathan

Reaction score
I haven't seen the 2021 tow mirrors for sale anywhere yet. I reached out to infotainment and they are willing to entertain a group buy....depending upon the number of commitments to purchase. No discussion yet on how much of a discount they would give for it. If I can get a count on interested parties, I will reach out to them and see what they will do on price....

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
I haven't seen the 2021 tow mirrors for sale anywhere yet. I reached out to infotainment and they are willing to entertain a group buy....depending upon the number of commitments to purchase. No discussion yet on how much of a discount they would give for it. If I can get a count on interested parties, I will reach out to them and see what they will do on price....
I'd for sure be interested

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to sell the old Mirrors to someone with stock standard Mirrors
might be difficult, but you could reduce your overall cost by doing it.

Malodave

Rebelator

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation. The tow mirrors are nice when setup to your preferences and under most conditions. Like most owners, I wish they had power fold for tight/parallel parking. The other killer for me is the lack of defrost. I miss having remote start that would also clear the mirrors. I don’t think the Infotainment mirrors have defrost which is the dealbreaker for me at that price.

navynate88

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation. The tow mirrors are nice when setup to your preferences and under most conditions. Like most owners, I wish they had power fold for tight/parallel parking. The other killer for me is the lack of defrost. I miss having remote start that would also clear the mirrors. I don’t think the Infotainment mirrors have defrost which is the dealbreaker for me at that price.
My wife sent me the attached picture of the mirrors and it does look like mine are heated; what model do you have? I think the Infotainment mirrors do have heat if you get the chrome back ones. But like you said - $1600 is a LOT of money for really just getting power fold.

Attachments

• B7265666-FC93-4AED-8145-C96979F7E513.jpeg
    B7265666-FC93-4AED-8145-C96979F7E513.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 25

Rebelator

Reaction score
My wife sent me the attached picture of the mirrors and it does look like mine are heated; what model do you have? I think the Infotainment mirrors do have heat if you get the chrome back ones. But like you said - $1600 is a LOT of money for really just getting power fold.
‘19 Rebel. I’d be avoiding the chrome since it would stand out on that truck. Perhaps if a group buy pops up with a sufficient discount, I’ll hop in. Also will keep an eye out for the ‘21 mirrors.

navynate88

Reaction score
‘19 Rebel. I’d be avoiding the chrome since it would stand out on that truck. Perhaps if a group buy pops up with a sufficient discount, I’ll hop in. Also will keep an eye out for the ‘21 mirrors.
Yeah that makes sense then... I don’t know why they wouldn’t have put the heated mirrors on the Rebels. Yeah... maybe the 21 tow mirrors will work with our trucks... but if they added the side cameras that may actually be an issue for software purposes.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want the 360 camera you also have to buy the central vision unit. it aint cheap.

Martin.WA

Reaction score
I am in need of opinions - I have a 2019 Longhorn with the tow mirrors. As we all know - they are not power fold. I have still not seen the truck in person but I am extremely concerned about the size of the mirrors. I am looking at the infotainment.com package to get the power fold standard mirrors but even with the military discount they are still $1600.

Do you all think it is worth the cost? How bothersome are the tow mirrors or are they easy to adapt to?

Below is a photo of my truck for reference.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

View attachment 73580
OMG! $1600 is too expensive, I got one for my 02 ram 1500, and it only $200, and I love the mirrors! They are certainly higher quality than some of the cheapy black plastic ones I see all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online