5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace front sway bar under warranty?

Appyfan

Reaction score
Looking for opinions- I had the front end intermittent clunk on my Limited and after reading multiple threads here, decided to have the dealer check it out before I hit the 12 month mark. I asked them to check to see if the end links were loose. They did and told me the tech “thinks” he heard the noise and they ordered new sway bar end links. When the links came in, they tried to put them on and told me they were too big, so they were going to order a whole new sway bar assembly. When I left after that appointment, there was no more noise. They must have never attempted to tighten the links on the 1st appointment, I’m guessing? It’s now a few weeks later, and the new assembly is in. Should I have them replace the assembly or leave it alone? Originally, I like the idea of them replacing it with (in their words) a “beefier” assembly, but since the clunking hasn’t returned I‘m wondering if I’m inviting trouble. Thoughts?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The newest links have a larger stud. Most people just drill the bar hole. Most likely same diameter, tech just getting out of work. Not a serious internal component, change if you want.

Appyfan

Reaction score
The newest links have a larger stud. Most people just drill the bar hole. Most likely same diameter, tech just getting out of work. Not a serious internal component, change if you want.
Thanks!

mike honda man

Reaction score
J
Looking for opinions- I had the front end intermittent clunk on my Limited and after reading multiple threads here, decided to have the dealer check it out before I hit the 12 month mark. I asked them to check to see if the end links were loose. They did and told me the tech “thinks” he heard the noise and they ordered new sway bar end links. When the links came in, they tried to put them on and told me they were too big, so they were going to order a whole new sway bar assembly. When I left after that appointment, there was no more noise. They must have never attempted to tighten the links on the 1st appointment, I’m guessing? It’s now a few weeks later, and the new assembly is in. Should I have them replace the assembly or leave it alone? Originally, I like the idea of them replacing it with (in their words) a “beefier” assembly, but since the clunking hasn’t returned I‘m wondering if I’m inviting trouble. Thoughts?

mike honda man

Reaction score
My left side link went with 25000 km on my ram had to wait almost 3 months for the parts . The dealer just installed the parts this week and I noticed they replaced the stabilizer bar and both links. Rides way better now.

Appyfan

Reaction score
My left side link went with 25000 km on my ram had to wait almost 3 months for the parts . The dealer just installed the parts this week and I noticed they replaced the stabilizer bar and both links. Rides way better now.
Thanks! I’m going to have them replace it.

Kamper

Reaction score
did your dealer replace all of it under any kind of warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread