5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renew uconnect services

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Has anybody used a credit card generator website to renew the uconnect services like xm or guardian? I don’t want them to renew after a year for a stupid high price. Thanks!

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Pretty much. It is linked by usually PayPal so it legit but at the end of the year they can’t renew at full price.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Guardian is a 5yr sub included, and sirius xm can be as cheap as $5 a month.

But sure, try to be a con-man... LOL

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's the con?

Pay for a year and then the card is expired when it tries to auto-renew if you haven't cancelled in time.

You may be able to just get a Visa gift card and use that. However, I don't know if they'll accept it.

RE: SiriusXM $5/month is the scam. With the fees and taxes it's much more than that.

afphinfan

Reaction score
I always set an event in my calendar to cancel sirius at 1 month before it renews. I have it remind me multiple days before so I usually get it done before I reschedule the next years. I always pay in advance and it works out to just about $6 per month. I haven’t tried the rechargeable Visa cards for that kind of thing but seems it could work.

And I have never used the card number generator type thing but as I understand it they were designed to thwart credit card theft by becoming one time use credit cards to be used for online shopping. As you stated they are tied to an alternate payment medium such as PayPal. Definitely no con.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
It’s not a scam. these companies bet on you’ll forget and they will charged you out the ***. I paid $149 for 3 years from xm on my Ford but they are fighting me on that. I just like all my functions of the truck to work.

Users who are viewing this thread