5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing the front grill on a 2021.

Barbag

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm 300 miles into my 2021 Ram 1500 Midnight Edition and loving every minute of it. Today, after watching some Youtube videos, I attempted to take off my front grill in order to install some emergency lights and everything was going fine until the part where I had to take off the panels that wrap around the front quarter panel and go under the headlights. If I was able to do that, all I had left was a couple of bolts holding on the lower left and right portions of the grill. However, I couldn't get the those small panels off, even after removing the bolt accessible thru the wheel well. Was I missing something else or just too scared to really pull on the panel to unclip it? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm 300 miles into my 2021 Ram 1500 Midnight Edition and loving every minute of it. Today, after watching some Youtube videos, I attempted to take off my front grill in order to install some emergency lights and everything was going fine until the part where I had to take off the panels that wrap around the front quarter panel and go under the headlights. If I was able to do that, all I had left was a couple of bolts holding on the lower left and right portions of the grill. However, I couldn't get the those small panels off, even after removing the bolt accessible thru the wheel well. Was I missing something else or just too scared to really pull on the panel to unclip it? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Once you remove the 10mm bolt from the behind the wheel well liner. Then pull from side where it clips into below fender. Once it pulls away from fender then you should be able to pull straight out from front. The clips can be little stubborn the first time around.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Ghillcor

Reaction score
I’m trying to remove my 2021 1500 grill also and can’t get that panel off either how did you finally get it off any suggestions ?

Macgyver55

Reaction score
Once you remove the 10mm bolt from the behind the wheel well liner. Then pull from side where it clips into below fender. Once it pulls away from fender then you should be able to pull straight out from front. The clips can be little stubborn the first time around.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I’m trying to remove the front grill from my 2500 tradesmen 2021 this is the same procedure

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I did this on my 2019 to also install warning lights, I ended up having to break a clip on both sides on those piece to end up getting them off. I'm trying to figure out a different way on my 21 to not have to take the grille off to install some lights, but It'll likely have to be done.

I have considered swapping out the lower bumper insert for the mesh style one and mounting a 4 or 6 head bar behind there to avoid having to mount anything behind the grille.

01Time

Reaction score
Here's the removal instructions for a HD, assuming all 2019+ Rams would be the same:

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable(s).​
2. Remove the 14 push pin fasteners (1) and remove the closeout panel (2).​

1625760342947.png

3. Remove the 10 fasteners (1) and two push pin fasteners (2).​

1625760350604.png

4. Remove the header assembly (1).​

1625760355084.png

5. Release the four clips and remove the fascia trim panels (1) from the fender and headlight (2) and remove.​

1625760381140.png

6. Raise and support the vehicle .​
7. From behind the bumper, remove the push pin fasteners and position the shield aside to loosen the seven nuts (1).​
8. Remove the two side fasteners (1).​

1625760927090.png

9. Remove the lower grille trim (2) from the grille support (1).​
10. Remove the lower grille fasteners (1) from each side of the grille assembly.​

1625760512097.png

11. Remove the six upper fasteners (1).​

1625760500165.png

12. Disconnect the front camera wire harness, if equipped.​
13. Remove the grille assembly (2).​

1625760472726.png

Users who are viewing this thread