5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing front hood badges

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has swaped out the hood badges yet and how they come out? Orderd some black ones to put in. Any Advice?

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They pop out. Grab a corner and yank them off. I swapped my chrome out for black.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
I gave that a shot they seem to be in real good dont want to screw up the hood.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe you have to lift from the bottom, unclip that and the top tilts out. Haven't done it myself though.

sgk

Reaction score
angle grinder will do the trick. : ) or your dealer should be no charge

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to have to get a bit rougher than what you're comfortable doing if you want to take them out yourself. I found it easiest to grab at the top left corner, close the the "1" and pull out from there.

Look at the back of the black ones you have, there's nothing else other than clips holding it in. Don't worry about hurting the hood and just pull it out.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Got them switched out, yank on the front edge hard, unfortunately after you take them out the tabs break so they wont go back in as snug as new.

RAMBS

Reaction score
I'm hoping that some enlightened aftermarket company will come out with a more subtle hood emblem? Maybe just a screened vent? or a billet blank? How about some classic louvers?

cajunscott

Reaction score
I want to swap out the entire bezel on a sport hood. Same issue, don't want to mess up my hood. Have to replace the entire bezel to in order to go to black numbers. Seems ridiculous!!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes doing anything to these trucks has become a costly proposition sadly..

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to swap out the entire bezel on a sport hood. Same issue, don't want to mess up my hood. Have to replace the entire bezel to in order to go to black numbers. Seems ridiculous!!

I painted mine. You can pull those off. They are just taped on. I pulled them off, removed the adhesive, painted black, and put 3M mounting tape on for reapplication.

All in it took about an hour.

Attachments

• 20190324_170051.jpg
    20190324_170051.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 231

cajunscott

Reaction score
Didn't think of that. Already bought the new one. Guess I could just swap that piece instead of painting.

flynfish

Reaction score
I painted mine. You can pull those off. They are just taped on. I pulled them off, removed the adhesive, painted black, and put 3M mounting tape on for reapplication.

All in it took about an hour.

What kind of paint did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pensfan

Reaction score
I have yet to see anybody post that they liked the hood badges, only looking for ways to hide them by changing them to black or painting them body color.
Ram needs to get rid of them when the refresh happens to these trucks.
Put a 'Hemi' badge or 1500 somewhere else on the truck. where if you don't like them, they can be removed. On these trucks, to smooth out the hood , it would be a few 1000 in bodywork to fix the tacky look Ram created with the hood badges.

Users who are viewing this thread