5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing favorites on XM radio, (songs/bands), HOW?

Burnzie

Reaction score
Well it was easy to remove favorites on the 8.4", but cant figure out how on the 12"
Any help on this issue would be great, the wife filled it up with her favorite bands/songs and I want to delete some of them.
2020 Rebel Crew Cab

Last edited:

gpbst3

Reaction score
I was just going to post the same question. I have the XM alert set for certain artist/songs and reached the max number of alerts. When I hit the bell shaped alert button it says I reached the max number of alerts and says to manage them in the preferences. However the box to manage preferences is grayed out.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I was just going to post the same question. I have the XM alert set for certain artist/songs and reached the max number of alerts. When I hit the bell shaped alert button it says I reached the max number of alerts and says to manage them in the preferences. However the box to manage preferences is grayed out.
Mine says the same thing. I also don't think it holds as much as the 8.4"

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just touch the favorite preset with the station you want and it will over write the existing preset.

you can also set your favorites to the memory seat function. Wife has her settings for music, set to her seating position, and you can do the same.

Last edited:

Burnzie

Reaction score
Just touch the favorite preset with the station you want and it will over write the existing preset.
Im Not talking about the station's or pre-sets,im talking about FAVORITE SONGS/BANDS that we , you, us, can save or delete.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay just tried to delete lisited favorites.
select favorites, hold finger on the the cell you want removed. Option to move or delete. Pick your poison.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Okay just tried to delete lisited favorites.
select favorites, hold finger on the the cell you want removed. Option to move or delete. Pick your poison.

Are you talking about radio station presets? I believe the OP is talking about the notifications you get when you add a favorite artist or specific song alert. These alerts pop up on the screen to tell your your fav song is on another channel and it will change to that channel if you confirm. I have an alert set up for Nickelback so I can rock out on my way to work.

Burnzie

Reaction score
Are you talking about radio station presets? I believe the OP is talking about the notifications you get when you add a favorite artist or specific song alert. These alerts pop up on the screen to tell your your fav song is on another channel and it will change to that channel if you confirm. I have an alert set up for Nickelback so I can rock out on my way to work.
YES that's what I mean favorite songs/ artists.

gpbst3

Reaction score
YES that's what I mean favorite songs/ artists.

I checked what you are talking about. Its not the same as the OP is asking. Your still talking about XM channels and not a specific song/artist alert.

Next time you hear one of your favorite songs on a station press on the notify button (bell icon) on the right side of the screen. It will ask if you want an alert set for that specific song or that artist.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I know how to delete station presets, it's the favorite artists/ or bands that I can't figure out. When I hit the bell icon when a favorite comes on the MANAGE FAVORITES icon is there but its not lit up and nothing happens when you push it.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To delete your favorite songs/artists, you have setup a listener account. I also had to do this just to add favorites, as they would disappear after the truck was shut off until I setup a listener account.

Details on how to setup a listener account are on page 30 of the UConnect 12 manual. Here's the Canadian version I found online quickly, but it should be the same for USA.

After you do that, these next steps should show you how to delete a favorite...

Step 1: Tap the "Notify" button.
DeleteFav_Step1.jpg

Step 2: Tap the "Manage Alerts" button.
DeleteFav_Step2.jpg

Step 3: Press and hold (keep pressing) the song/artist you want to delete from your favorites.
After two or three seconds, the icon will change, as shown in step 4.
DeleteFav_Step3.jpg

Step 4: After holding your finger on the song/artist long enough, a "Remove" button appears. Tap the "Remove" button.
DeleteFav_Step4.jpg

Step 5: A confirmation box pops up. Press the "Delete" button to delete the favorite.
DeleteFav_Step5.jpg

Burnzie

Reaction score
Thanks, I wuold think that the 1 year free trial would have everything but I guess not.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I wuold think that the 1 year free trial would have everything but I guess not.

It does, its just you have to know how to set it up properly... and a lot is left unexplained in the manuals. With the 12" being fairly unique to only a few FCA products so far, most Sirius XM techs and dealerships are clueless on how to help.

Let me know if you need more help with it. I won't pretend to be a super-expert, but I do work in IT, and enjoy challenges with tech.

Burnzie

Reaction score
YOU SIR, ARE A GENIUS, Thanks that brochure never came with my truck crappy dealer?, only got owners manual and that doesn't have much .

gpbst3

Reaction score
Holey sheet. Had to create a listener account. Took all of 10 seconds. Now i can control my alerts.

Cannot thank you enough

Last edited:

KravMomma93

Reaction score
This is the best group ever! Thank you! I bumped the alert button by mistake and that song had been coming up every time I drive! So happy!

Hammer675

Reaction score
To delete your favorite songs/artists, you have setup a listener account. I also had to do this just to add favorites, as they would disappear after the truck was shut off until I setup a listener account.

Details on how to setup a listener account are on page 30 of the UConnect 12 manual. Here's the Canadian version I found online quickly, but it should be the same for USA.

After you do that, these next steps should show you how to delete a favorite...

Step 1: Tap the "Notify" button.
View attachment 71406

Step 2: Tap the "Manage Alerts" button.
View attachment 71407

Step 3: Press and hold (keep pressing) the song/artist you want to delete from your favorites.
After two or three seconds, the icon will change, as shown in step 4.
View attachment 71408

Step 4: After holding your finger on the song/artist long enough, a "Remove" button appears. Tap the "Remove" button.
View attachment 71409

Step 5: A confirmation box pops up. Press the "Delete" button to delete the favorite.
View attachment 71410
This worked perfectly. Took all of 10 seconds and now I can delete my old favorite artist/songs

Hunts99

Reaction score
I guess I am reviving an old thread. I recently cancelled my SirusXM radio subscription, and not I cannot delete songs that I have previously liked. The option for my profile is grayed out. So I keep getting notified of songs that I cannot listen to with no way to get rid of them.

Any idea on how to remove songs once you don't have a subscription?

Users who are viewing this thread