5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing exterior door handle

GBrew

Reaction score
Help! Does anyone have any instructions on removing the exterior door handle? I have disassembled the inner door panel all the way to the point where the internal side of the door handle is visible but I see no way to remove it. No visible bolts to remove.

IMG_0449.jpg

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
How did you get the inner door panel off?

That’s exactly what I was going to ask. I’ve taken everything apart but I can not get the inner door panel to come free from the door. There appears to be two plastic pieces connecting the inner door panel to the electronics of the exterior door handle.

Reaper_6A

Reaction score

Well I figured out how to take the inner door panel off. Not sure if it is the right way but it works.

1. Open gray rubber access covers (Green Arrows).

2. Lower window until bolts align with access holes.

3. Remove 2 bolts holding window in place.

4. Lift window and either remove from door or hold in place with tape in raised position.

5. Remove all 12 bolts (Red Arrows) from the inner door panel.

IMG_1348.jpg

6. Reach inside inner door panel and remove both screws (Red Arrows) holding door latch assembly to inner door panel.

IMG_1343.JPG

7. The two clips (Red Arrows) holding the inner door panel to the exterior door handle assembly is a mystery to me and i could not figure out how to get it apart without risking breaking something which is why i just removed the 2 screws during step 6.

IMG_1344.JPG

Once I had everything apart i was able to easily apply sound dampening to my doors and get my speaker adapters test fit.

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

Vpatrol

Reaction score
Well I figured out how to take the inner door panel off. Not sure if it is the right way but it works.

1. Open gray rubber access covers (Green Arrows).

2. Lower window until bolts align with access holes.

3. Remove 2 bolts holding window in place.

4. Lift window and either remove from door or hold in place with tape in raised position.

5. Remove all 12 bolts (Red Arrows) from the inner door panel.

View attachment 35490

6. Reach inside inner door panel and remove both screws (Red Arrows) holding door latch assembly to inner door panel.

View attachment 35492

7. The two clips (Red Arrows) holding the inner door panel to the exterior door handle assembly is a mystery to me and i could not figure out how to get it apart without risking breaking something which is why i just removed the 2 screws during step 6.

View attachment 35493

Once I had everything apart i was able to easily apply sound dampening to my doors and get my speaker adapters test fit.

View attachment 35494

View attachment 35495
How did you separate the window from the clips holding it? They appeared to be glued in place. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread