5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing ETorque

23RAM

Reaction score
Your comment I replied to was confusing because you mention them switching to the I6 Hurricanes then go on to talk about complexity and higher replacement part prices lead to to believe you were referring to the Hurricane.
No sorry, just talking about the V8's there.

Do you think the Hurricanes will get better mileage when towing/hauling? I doubt it as the turbos spooling up will increase consumption. A friend had an F-150 V8, then bought a turbo v6 F-150 due to all the advertising of better mileage, and quickly traded it for a V8 as he tows mon-fri for his business. The V8 is better every day for him.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No sorry, just talking about the V8's there.

Do you think the Hurricanes will get better mileage when towing/hauling? I doubt it as the turbos spooling up will increase consumption. A friend had an F-150 V8, then bought a turbo v6 F-150 due to all the advertising of better mileage, and quickly traded it for a V8 as he tows mon-fri for his business. The V8 is better every day for him.
If all you are concerned about is fuek mileage, then the turbo 6 will probably be worse for towing. But being an I6 won't be as bad as the Ecoboost V6. The I6 makes more torque even before boost kicks in. But it will actually do a better job at actually towing the load

Users who are viewing this thread