5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Drop In Liner

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on pros and cons.
I bought used 2019 Big Horn and it came with drop in liner. Considering pulling it out and replacing it with rubber bed mad. Maybe Santa will arrange spray in bed liner.

Drop in liner is very smooth and items slide around quite a bit if not secured. Prior trucks with rubber bed liners appeared a little more stable.

I don’t generally drop tons of rocks or sharp objects into my bed from astronomical heights, as is sometimes the argument for a drop liner.

Thanks!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on pros and cons.
I bought used 2019 Big Horn and it came with drop in liner. Considering pulling it out and replacing it with rubber bed mad. Maybe Santa will arrange spray in bed liner.

Drop in liner is very smooth and items slide around quite a bit if not secured. Prior trucks with rubber bed liners appeared a little more stable.

I don’t generally drop tons of rocks or sharp objects into my bed from astronomical heights, as is sometimes the argument for a drop liner.

Thanks!
I have the spray on and love it but it is very rough . The best of both worlds would be a spray on and a rubber bed mat .

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Pull it... drop in liners are notorious for getting dirt under them and rubbing through the paint from vibration causing rust.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
I don’t do any heavy duty hauling so a bed mat is best for me. I think the biggest plus is that a tool box or whatever won‘t slide around with a mat.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
That's it, get the Dee Zee one, I've had one on 3 different trucks and they are amazing. I have the factory spray liner on my RAM, but I still got the rubber mat because nothing slides around on it, it won't scratch up stuff I put in the bed like furniture the way the scratch paper surface of spray liner will.

On my F150, the bed mat was all I had, in 4 years of pretty heavy use, the bottom of my bed looked brand new that the dealership I was trading the truck in at thought I never used my bed.

If you got Amazon Prime, it's a bit cheaper here (DT crew cab short bed): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MRKYQP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DZ87015 - Part Number for 5.5ft Bed
DZ87016 - Part Number for 6.5ft Bed

Last edited:

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
That's it, get the Dee Zee one, I've had one on 3 different trucks and they are amazing. I have the factory spray liner on my RAM, but I still got the rubber mat because nothing slides around on it, it won't scratch up stuff I put in the bed like furniture the way the scratch paper surface of spray liner will.

On my F150, the bed mat was all I had, in 4 years of pretty heavy use, the bottom of my bed looked brand new that the dealership I was trading the truck in at thought I never used my bed.

If you got Amazon Prime, it's a bit cheaper here (DT crew cab short bed): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MRKYQP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DZ87015 - Part Number for 5.5ft Bed
DZ87016 - Part Number for 6.5ft Bed
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll be ordering from Amazon, currently out of stock but that’s ok haha!

Edit: Real Truck has it in stock for $117. Extra few $$ but quicker to receive:)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll be ordering from Amazon, currently out of stock but that’s ok haha!

Edit: Real Truck has it in stock for $117. Extra few $$ but quicker to receive:)

Thanks again!

Totally worth it than waiting a whole month!

Users who are viewing this thread