5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing center console air vents?

Velocity

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the vents on the rear of the center console?

After interrogation and bribery offers neither of my kids turned in the perpetrator, but one of them broke the tab off the driver’s side vent and I want to replace the part.

Guessing maybe that top trim comes off and the center sections pulls out…maybe?

Thanks! View attachment 162677 View attachment 162678
I just did this a couple weeks ago. Same vent broken. It took me about 20 minutes, mainly because I was being careful. The plug for the USB is a pain to get off. The other plugs was simple. You will have to pull the cup holders up a bit once you get the back of the console off. There is a screw up under the cup holders that inaccessible without lifting them at least a little. This was my second vent that broke, first was the driver front next to the radio. I can only blame myself for that one, no one else drives the truck but me.

Edited to add: Yes, remove the top trim, two screws under there. Then pull back. There will be two plugs, one for the USB’s and one for the power plug. Once the back of the console is off, pull the cup holder up a bit, this will pop up the thin trim around the edge of the cupholders too. Then unscrew the vent and remove it.

Last edited:

Ramagain

Reaction score
You have the full service manual digitally downloaded?
I selected the link on their Chilton Library and entered a code listed on the McDowell public library site. Entering your make/model it get the Technical Service Bulletins. Unfortunately, I still haven’t been able to locate a source to download an eco service manual.

McDowell County Public Library - Chilton Auto Repair

To access the database from home, select ChiltonLibrary.com and type in the password: nclive001

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.20.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.20.25 PM.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread